Future Opening: Controller
Company: Crunch Fitness
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Fitness Holdings Northeast LLC is looking for a Controller to
join our corporate team in our Woodbridge, NJ office. We are a
franchise of CRUNCH Fitness. Our mission is to launch a network of
CRUNCH gyms across the northeastern United States. With franchise
rights in Westchester County, NY, Pennsylvania, Northern New Jersey
and Massachusetts, Fitness Holdings, LLC is on pace to build 50+
clubs throughout the Northeast Corridor. With a focus on low cost,
high volume and superior customer service, Fitness Holdings, LLC's
first location opened in May 2013 in White Plains, NY and has grown
to 23 clubs so far with an aggressive growth plan throughout 2020.
Crunch is a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun by
fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No
Judgments. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art
cardio and strength training equipment, weight room, full service
locker rooms with showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage-- bed, and
an extensive schedule of Crunch's signature classes including
Zumba--, BodyWeb with TRX--, Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and
Thighs Bootcamp, and more. Overview The Controller should have
strong financial management skills and the ability to react quickly
to changing circumstances and ensure that business is delivers it
financial targets. The Controller will be responsible for managing
the oversight of day-to-day accounting operations and the financial
reporting as well as collaborate with senior management on all
aspects of the business including corporate operations. The
candidate will also oversee fiscal year-end close, reporting,
audit, and other financial matters as needed. The Controller will
report directly to the CEO and as such assist the CEO with both
lower level accounting work and strategic modeling and execution.
This is a hands on position requiring great accounting and business
skills with the ability to elevate oneself to a CFO quickly.
Finance and Accounting Leadership The Controller will be
responsible for managing all hands-on financial and operational
aspects of the company and assist the management team in the
aggressive and successful growth of the company.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring
compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory
requirements. Our day to day accounting is outsourced, therefore
the management of our accounting firm is a critical
- Convert cash basis financial reports to a GAAP reporting
package for senior and junior lenders. This requires the candidate
to have the GAAP understanding to convert financials out of
QuickBooks that are maintained in cash basis to a fully deliverable
GAAP financial reporting package.--
- In concert with the CEO and other members, directly oversee the
development of annual business plans, and determine annual
financial objectives with regard to revenues, cash flow, and return
on investment measures.
- Provide financial and operational leadership to the
organization that embraces change and supports growth and
productivity to consistently deliver stretch results while readily
adapting to a dynamic and changing business environment.
- Lead a financial organization that influences the financial and
business decisions to achieve optimal financial performance.
- Emphasize capital investment analysis and financial returns in
- Develop a competitive advantage through superior
decision-making supported by rigorous analytical processes and
- Support in engaging the management around issues and trends in
financial operating models and delivery.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in
partnership with the senior management team; continuously
collaborate with the management team to assess the financial
efficacy of program operations and establish finance and
administrative systems to support program operations.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping
with policies and investment guidelines.
- Work effectively with management team through developing and
streamlining processes and efficiencies, directly impacting the
- Identify root cause issues with the data in the source systems,
initiate projects to remediate once and at the source.
- Create monthly finance receivable dashboards for the CEO
identifying issues and trends.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in
financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Ensures internal controls are appropriate to safeguard the
company's assets and maintain financial integrity.
- Develops and executes internal audit functions to facilitate
compliance monitoring and risk management.
- Developing tools and systems to provide critical financial and
operational information to the management team and make actionable
recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Oversee tax and treasury, as required.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of
revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Consistently analyze financial and operational data and present
financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly
communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements;
monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of
the company's financial status;
- Assist Fitness Holdings leadership in the annual budgeting and
planning process; administer and review all financial plans and
compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and
correct variances as appropriate.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the
company. Desired Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance from accredited
- CPA or previous Controller experience, a plus
- 8-10 years of finance and accounting experience. Health club
industry experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Experience in a senior financial and/or operational-management
role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development
and implementation of creative financial and/or operational
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and
- Excellent analytical & conceptual abilities, a strategic
thinker, strong financial acumen & an understanding of key
financial indicators, performance metrics & business analysis
- Prior history of successful process & procedure
- Experience leading a finance team of at least 6 people within a
$100M revenue company
- Proven operational responsibility and success implementing
cost-savings to improve margins
- Outgoing, energetic, positive personality with the ability to
roll up their sleeves and get it done. Crunch Fitness is looking
for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health
and fitness to join our team. Looking to combine work, fitness and
fun? Crunch Fitness is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people
that are passionate about health and fitness to join our
team.--Working at Crunch is more than a job, it's an opportunity to
inspire others to reach their fitness goals. Our 'No Judgments'
philosophy attracts a diverse and welcoming group of professionals
and makes Crunch an amazing company to work for. Crunch--is a gym
that believes in making serious exercise fun by fusing fitness and
entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No Judgments. Our gyms
are packed with the latest state-of-the-art cardio and strength
training equipment, weight room, full service locker rooms with
showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage-- bed, and an extensive
schedule of Crunch's signature classes including Zumba--, BodyWeb
with TRX--, Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and Thighs Bootcamp, and
more. It is okay to send me text messages about this opportunity.
Crunch offers comprehensive benefits for eligible employees.
Keywords: Crunch Fitness, Paterson , Future Opening: Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Paramus, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!