Company: Sysco Corporation
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Company: US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC Zip Code: 08873 Minimum
Level of Education: Bachelors Degree Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Years Employment Type: Full Time Travel Percentage: OVERVIEW: We
offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. Were looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service. Who We Are Guest Worldwide is
a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and
Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109
countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range
of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in
the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving
a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Worldwide has grown its
business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Worldwide is also
a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar,
industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company,
employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th
largest sales organization in the world. JOB SUMMARY The Credit &
Collections Representative is responsible for the maintenance and
administration of credit limits, payment terms, and collection of
delinquent accounts receivable for an assigned portfolio of
- Review orders on credit hold and determine within the
parameters of company policy whether to remove the order from
credit hold or to hold the order pending resolution of the
- Collect monies owed from delinquent accounts within an assigned
portfolio and guide Territory Managers regarding the same.
- Respond to statements, answer correspondence and phone requests
from customers and Territory Managers, investigate mail returned as
undeliverable, and respond to bi-weekly past due to notices sent to
- Investigate financial stability and determine credit worthiness
of prospective customers applying for credit.
- Establish, maintain and adjust credit limits and payment terms
for existing accounts as per company policy.
- Recommend customers for outsourcing to litigation and prepare
collection files for review by the Manager of Credit & Collections.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related
field, or Certified Credit Executive (CCE) credentials. Experience
- 3-5 years related credit & collections experience Professional
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and
professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high
degree of proficiency.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from suppliers, customers, management and
- Capable of working with internal staff from other departments
proactively and constructively.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple
tasks/deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Uses time effectively.
- Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as
needed. Follow up as needed.
- Identifies and resolves problems promptly.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and
procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access & Outlook)
- Knowledge of ERP systems (i.e., PeopleSoft) and credit
reporting systems (Dun & Bradstreet, Experian). Physical
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the
work is performed. The demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to
talk and hear.
- Required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Work
- While this position will primarily work in an office
environment, limited travel may be required to attend other office
locations, company events, staff meetings, training sessions,
and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicles for business
travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and provide proof of
current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on
business needs.This job description indicates in general terms, the
type and level of work performed as well as the typical
responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties
described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any
specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and
to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can
perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this
position description changes the at-will employment relationship
existing between the Company and its employees. This job
description supersedes prior job descriptions.Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.This
opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco Corporation, Paterson , Collections Representative, Accounting, Auditing , Franklin, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!