Company: Selective Insurance
Posted on: May 16, 2022
A new job is a big decision. Dont work just anywhere. Be
Selective.Our BusinessSelective is a midsized U.S. domestic
property and casualty insurance company with a history of strong
financial performance for over 95 years. Focused on exceptional
employee and customer experience, we are frequently recognized for
awards and honors, including being named to Forbes 2021 Best
Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance list.Our CultureWe
genuinely care about each other, our customers, and the communities
in which we operate. Our leaders actively champion career
development and invite us to voice unique ideas and diverse
perspectives. If that sounds appealing, we think you would feel
inspired on our team to achieve and be rewarded for extraordinary
results.Monitors and analyzes general ledger accounts, financial
statements and reports. Supervises or performs major account
analysis. Ensures accuracy in accordance with Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles
(SSAP) and the companys policies and procedures. All job duties and
responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable
legal and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares and reviews monthly account analysis and
- Establishes, interprets and analyzes complex accounting records
of financial statements.
- Creates journal entries and adjustments.
- Assists with preparation of financial statements.
- Prepares analytical review of financial statements during
- Handles field questions concerning financial results.
- Performs monthly financial close and financial statement
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts.
- Assists and provides support with annual external audit and
- Ensures integrity of financial statements. Ensures financial
statement compliance with GAAP, companypolicies and governmental
requirements. Requirements and Qualifications:
- Exposure to accounting systems
- Knowledge of GAAP and SSAP
- MS office applications, especially Excel
- Excellent evaluation skills
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelors degree in accounting preferred
- Three to five years of financial accounting experience
- CPA designation preferredSelective is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. That means we respect and value every
individuals unique opinions, beliefs, abilities, and perspectives.
We are committed to promoting a welcoming culture that celebrates
diverse talent, individual identity, different points of view and
experiences and empowers employees to contribute new ideas that
support our continued and growing success. Building a highly
engaged team is one of our core strategic imperatives, which we
believe is enhanced by diversity, equity, and inclusion. We expect
and encourage all employees and all of our business partners to
embrace, practice, and monitor the attitudes, values, and goals of
acceptance; address biases; and foster diversity of viewpoints and
opinions.Selective maintains a drug-free
Keywords: Selective Insurance, Paterson , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Branchville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!