Company: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Department Management Secretary assists the Director and all
managers and staff in Quality.
* Schedule appointments, meetings, travel for management team as
* Records and transcribes minutes of various meetings.
* Schedules and coordinates Quality Management meetings to include
establishing of date and time, arranging for meeting place and meal
to be served, sending of reminder notices, gathering of hand-out
materials, transcription of minutes and distribution.
* Opens, dates, and routes incoming mail; distributes
correspondence and other material.
* Answers incoming telephone lines in a professional manner;
appropriately route calls, receive and relay information, take
* Maintains Quality Management Resources and distributes to
* Maintains comprehensive filing system for correspondence,
records, and administrative data with appropriate indexing so that
documents may be easily retrieved.
* Purges files of outdated materials and maintains stock of paper,
brochures, and forms.
* Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
* Transcribes and types letters, booklets, memos, telephone roster,
newsletters, forms, and other correspondence as assigned. Organizes
time and priorities appropriately so as to meet assigned or
* Review processes for efficiency on a regular basis.
* Maintains and orders supplies for office.
Prior secretarial / administrative support experience in a health
care setting preferred
A high school diploma or equivalency is required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably
anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other
potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are
required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective
equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital
providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological
and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern
Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The
hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program,
comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound
and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services
that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan
Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse
services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of
the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Keywords: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley, Paterson , Department Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Suffern, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!