Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting
Company: Savvas Learning Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Savvas Learning Company (formerly Pearson K12 Learning) is a
global education company that produces award-winning learning
solutions that empower educators and engage students with the
highest quality content.
Recognized as an industry leader, we serve millions of K-12
learners with innovative, student-centered educational programs
that turn today's classrooms into active learning environments. By
embracing technology, personalized learning, and immersive
experiences delivered across multiple platforms, we design our
learning solutions to be more accessible and relevant to each
Our comprehensive solutions for core curriculum, and supplemental
and intervention programs - supported by an array of professional
development services - allow teachers to use data to inform
classroom practices and tailor instructions to an individual's
abilities and learning styles.
Partnering with school districts and educators, we are committed to
delivering the best possible learning experiences that improve
every student's chance of success.
We are seeking a Manager, Technical Accounting and Financial
Reporting to work in our Paramus, NJ office. The Manager, Technical
Accounting and Financial Reporting will be responsible for leading
research on complex accounting topics, develop the Company's
accounting policies, and support the Finance organization. In
addition, this position will be responsible for the preparation of
quarterly financial statements and liaison with external and
internal auditors and advisors.
The position will provide practical direction for the global
Finance and Accounting organization in the areas of technical and
complex accounting policies and guidelines. The Manager, Technical
Accounting and Financial Reporting will work on specific projects,
including revenue recognition and leases, compliance issues related
to process improvements, or corporate initiatives, and specific
issues related to the implementation of new accounting guidance. In
addition to revenue and leases, the position will be responsible
for all technical accounting issues affecting the business.
- Research technical accounting and financial reporting questions
and draft position papers on different issues; provide guidelines
on the application of accounting standards to different
- Lead the establishment of accounting policies and their
maintenance including ASC 606, ASC 842 and other.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial
statements, including preparing financial statements and
disclosures related to new/complex transactions, changes in
accounting standards/policies and bank covenants.
- Monitor and review new accounting pronouncements, and provide
recommendations and guidance on their implementation, including
financial and operational impact.
- Assist management in preparing audit support to be provided to
external auditors and other stockholders.
- Partner with different stakeholders to support acquisitions,
including purchase accounting and accounting integration.
- Research and recommend business practices that enhance and
improve the operations of the Finance organization.
- Liaising with external auditors, advisors, and consultants.
- BA or BS degree in finance/economics/accounting.
- 7+ years of working in the technical accounting field.
Preferably at a Big 4 Firm.
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP standards.
- Operational experience with revenue recognition and
- CPA license or equivalent knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high-volume corporate
- Experience with SAP or similar enterprise level ERP systems is
Additional Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills with proactive problem solving
- Ability to translate complex accounting issues into simple
language to explain to peers and stakeholders
This position cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants,
including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Savvas is a drug free
Savvas Learning Company provides access to a benefits experience
created to offer our employees choice, flexibility, and the
opportunity to save money for the future. Benefits include medical,
dental, vision, tax-advantaged accounts, pharmacy, life insurance,
disability insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Our
benefits are part of a total package that is carefully designed to
support the total well-being of our employees.
Please visit www.savvas.com for more information about us, or visit
us at LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , or YouTube .
Keywords: Savvas Learning Company, Paterson , Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, Advertising , Paramus, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!