Senior Civil Engineer
Company: CP Engineers
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Our multi-discipline engineering consulting firm, located in
Sparta, NJ, is seeking a full time, Senior Civil/Municipal
Engineer, professionally licensed in New Jersey. CP Engineers has
forty years of experience in site/civil, water/wastewater,
municipal, MEP, and environmental services. We are a progressive,
tight-knit company with significant expansion plans. We recently
moved into a 7,000 square foot, state-of-the-art office building,
outfitted with the latest technology, office equipment and
contemporary furniture to better serve the needs of our team and
our clients. Our project portfolio includes numerous township and
regional clients, some of which have been with our firm for three
Our positive on-boarding process is proven to set you up for
success. Our firm embraces the philosophy of servant leadership.
Our optional work from home flexibility, on-going training and
development processes, competitive salary, regular performance
reviews, pay increases, paid time off, and comprehensive employee
benefits package has enabled us to enjoy an 85% employee retention
rate in the last 15 years.
CP Engineers is a privately held company with a 25-person team. We
recognize top-performing employees with a growth mind-set and will
look to on-board additional owners in the future who are
entrepreneurial and are eager to grow with the firm. CP is proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action
employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- This position reports to the head of the civil/municipal
- Client relationship development, project identification, client
meetings, proposal input.
- Review of land use applications, preparation of technical
review correspondence and representation of Board as their
engineering professional at LUB meetings.
- Project Management - manage budgets, schedules, and
deliverables, and undertake technical work associated with all or a
portion of the civil / municipal services, ensuring all client
expectations are exceeded.
- Develop scopes of work, budgets, plans, as well as execution
and delivery of projects.
- Work with junior staff on production and assist in their
- Provide detailed design of various civil projects including
municipal, water and sanitary sewer, stormwater, road work and
- Prepare contract documents suitable for bidding.
- Prepare environmental and land use permit applications and
- Manage and monitor the quality and progress of construction
- Ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are
achieved and maintained.
- Participate in related professional associations.
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- New Jersey Professional Engineer's license in good standing,
and a minimum of 10 years civil engineering experience.
- Experience with land use regulations and permitting in New
Jersey is a must.
- Candidates must demonstrate familiarity with site plan and
public infrastructure design, the Municipal Land Use Law,
preparation of specifications and engineering report writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage design projects, have
excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have
flexibility to support time-critical report development and
production to meet demanding schedules.
- Strong computer skills are required: MS Outlook, Word, and
Excel. Familiarity with AutoCAD and MS Project are a plus.
- A valid driver's license and dependable transportation is
Send cover letter and resume to .CP Engineers11 Park Lake
RoadSparta, NJ 07871(New Website Coming Soon)
About CP Engineers:CP Engineers is a full-service,
multi-discipline, engineering consulting firm located in Sparta,
New Jersey. With four decades of experience, we have been
delivering value in the areas of site/civil, mechanical, electrical
and plumbing (MEP) and water resource/wastewater engineering which
includes the following: water supply, water distribution, water
resources planning, surface and ground water modeling, wastewater
collection system, treatment plant design/operation, solid waste
management, conceptual land planning, construction administration
and observation, environmental consulting and permitting, GIS
mapping, planning/zoning representation, roadway design, sediment
and erosion control design, site design, and more. We pride
ourselves in developing innovative strategies and targeted
solutions which exceed standards and the expectations of our
In 2016, CP was recognized by NJBIZ as one of NJ's Best Places to
Work. We received this important recognition because we focus on
our employees' personal growth and professional development. We
encourage participation in trade and business associations,
community involvement through volunteer work and more. We believe
our employees are much more than "our most important asset," to CP,
they are family.
Keywords: CP Engineers, Paterson , Senior Civil Engineer, Engineering , Sparta, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!