Posted on: June 25, 2022
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
Directly, or by leading a team or teams, develops new or improves
existing processes with the goal of improving process quality and
reliability. Establishes medium range objectives for these process
improvements, including cost savings and quality improvements.
Responsibilities are to be carried out in a manner which stresses
safety, incorporates countermeasures and is consistent with company
policies, customer service and plant objectives. Works closely with
Production, Maintenance, and Compliance departments to manage
complex process issues and contribute to the overall performance of
1. Uses technical capacity to collect and analyze data, and based
on findings, makes improvements and modifications to current
2. Facilitates process reviews, processing methods, equipment, and
training to drive improvement in efficiency and reduction in
3. Utilizes statistical tools and lean principles to identify root
causes and improve processes (Process capability, Pareto analysis,
4. Provides guidance for chartering of kaizen events.
5. Monitors progress of process improvements to ensure achievement
of expected tangible benefits.
6. Identifies ways to optimize and improve processing performance
providing feedback to operations leadership when procedures are not
7. Assists Operations Leadership and production employees in
resolving process problems through a drive to root cause and
permanent corrective action 8-step Process.
8. Implements mistake-proofing methods and develop workstation aids
to assist in operations job performance.
9. Assists production to troubleshoot process issues for
improvement and sustainment.
10. Provides for personal protection by using personal protective
equipment and/or monitoring devices as required by safety rules,
conditions and job task.
11. Exhibits a commitment to the AST shared values of Customer
Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring
defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer's
needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste,
being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and
satisfying the Customer's needs with a sense of urgency.
12. Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the
guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the
GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supports the directives
and decisions of higher level management and performs other duties
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering General or Mechanical
1. Minimum 7 years of experience in an industrial engineering,
statistical analysis and/or project management role in a
manufacturing, process or service environment
2. Minimum 7 years of experience in the practice of Lean
principles, ROI, waste reduction, etc.
3. Minimum 7 years of experience and proven results in Continuous
4. Minimum 7 years of experience achieving resuts in a metrics
5. Solid knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Toyota
Productions System and methodologies such as: A3 Development and
Management, Process Flow Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, 5S/Visual
Factory, TPM, QCO-SMED, Standard Work, Process Problem Solving and
root cause analysis (PDCA), Quality at the Source, Just In Time,
Kaizen/Continuous Improvement, abnormality management, Hoshin Kanri
- SDP X Matrix, project management, cellular and model line
6. Proficiency with computer applications, Microsoft applications
1. Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in
2. Ability to work under general direction of a supervisor or
senior team member.
3. Ability to work well with others.
4. Above average organizing, analyzing and math skills (advanced
algebra and/or calculus and/or statistics) to determine
organizational, Customer and regulatory problems and formulate
corrective action plans; attention to detail.
5. Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
6. Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns,
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the
needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices,
vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR
CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B,
publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000
associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please
call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs
to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred
and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion,
age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, and any other category protected by federal, state or
local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status
as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound
by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by - 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Keywords: Steris, Paterson , Process Engineer, Engineering , Chester, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!