Chief Information Officer (Higher Ed
Company: Ellucian Company L.P.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
COVID-19 notice: --Ellucian is taking the-- Coronavirus Disease
(COVID-19) --seriously and doing our part to flatten the curve by
practicing social distancing. We are working remotely until further
notice--and have made modifications to our global hiring process to
ensure candidate and employee safety-shifting all in-person
interviews to be held virtually.-- Learn more -- a bout our hiring
process and-- watch what our employees have been doing during these
challenging times. Category Managed Services Location Suffern, NY,
United States Together we are powering the future of Higher
Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission - the power of
education to transform lives and change the world. We are the
global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more
than 2,700 customers and reaching over 20 million students in 50+
countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by
transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected
campuses that enable student success.
This position is onsite at Rockland Community College. Relocation
assistance is available. About the opportunity Reporting to the
Ellucian General Manager and customer Contract Administrator, the
CIO will be responsible for providing technology leadership and
management of technology systems and services. This
includes--management--of strategic and tactical activities to
ensure client satisfaction, technical delivery, contract
compliance, and resource management at the client site. The CIO
will be a participant on the President's cabinet and provide active
strategic guidance to all cabinet members. Creates and implements
client's Information Technology strategy. Responsible for working
to align projects and operations with the institutional mission,
vision--and--values, the incumbent should understand his or her
customers, their needs and will apply effective practices in higher
education management to resolve institutional technology issues.
Where you will make an impact
- Maintains regular contact with Client Executives, Ellucian
Management, and site staff.
- Develops a positive client relationship with customer employees
such as Contract Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, Provost,
and other key VIPs.
- The CIO focuses on client liaison and strategic aspects of
Higher Education activities at the client location
- Advises client on status of technologies at the institution
relative to the client's strategic goals and objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the information technology
department including; directing staff, who support administrative
and/or academic computing, networking, user services,
telecommunications--and other information technology
- Assess and anticipates technology projects and recommends
appropriate action and resources.
- Identifies user needs, resolves problems and
directs--building--of teams to work across all levels of the
- Establishes and directs the strategic and tactical goals,
policies, and procedures for the information technology
- Recommends and/or determines the institution's long-term system
needs and proposes hardware/software solutions to accomplish the
institution's business objectives and to support campus goals.
- Actively participates in a number of key client committees,
cabinet and/or Board-level meetings, ad-hoc advisory groups,
institutional/community activities--and--planning committees.
- Interfaces with and participates in all facets of the Corporate
Client Services Management team functions.
- Coordinates, submits, reports, and manages problem resolution
for all Federal and State requirements for--student, personnel and
- Works with Higher Education regional management to coordinate
corporate resource requirements to complete and update annual
- Participates in the development of strategies and the
completion of contract upgrades and renewals with Regional Managers
and Vice Presidents.
- Recognizes, creates, and tracks value-added and ROI activities
- Responsible for ensuring contract administration, extensions,
- Negotiates and maintains responsibility for managing various IT
related vendor contracts.
- Assists with or creates requests for proposals for IT related
- Translates and articulates administrative and educational goals
of the institution into technical initiatives.
- Directs budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business
processes and database system strategy.
- Completes and monitors site budgets and business plans; reviews
monthly revenue and expense reports.
- Prepares and submits required corporate reports in a timely
- Implements company policy, methodologies,
- Responsible for hiring all company staff assigned to support a
client's information technology operations.
- Responsible for managing on-site personnel actions, staff
- Communicates regularly and effectively with Higher Education
management on significant site issues, risks, opportunities, and
general progress towards contractual and business goals.
- Manages complex technical projects and technical operating
- Makes recommendations and oversees implementation of all key
IT-related functional units.
- Communicates IT-related information on projects, service
levels, tasks and issues to the appropriate audience using the
- Proactively supports corporate initiatives and programs.
- Leads and directs efforts using appropriate management skills
including; project management, budget administration, decision
making, communication, and time management skills. What you will
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degrees, strongly preferred
- 8 - 10 years of experience in the Information Technology field
OR equivalent combination of education and experience leading IT
strategic initiatives in--a college or university environment
- Extensive Higher Education Experience and current knowledge
in--use--and trends of technology in higher education
- Strong empathizing and empowerment abilities, with a focus on
positive outcome recommendations
- Understanding of a community college culture
- Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration between client
and Ellucian staff
- Stress-management, time management, planning, and organization
- Strong understanding of the Ellucian Banner ERP student
- Experience with or knowledge of service provision best
practices (e.g., ITIL), preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent
presentation skills What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan - to help you save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your
health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource
groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great
new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities #LI-JG1
Additional Information: Req ID:--2801
Hiring Type:--Full - Time
Level of Experience:--Management/Sr. Management
At Ellucian, we believe in the "power of together." We embrace an
inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace, and believe that our
differences help inspire a culture of acceptance that makes our
company more collaborative and innovative. We're proud to provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome you to come as you are! Get tailored job recommendations
based on your interests. How would you rate your experience
Keywords: Ellucian Company L.P., Paterson , Chief Information Officer (Higher Ed, Executive , Suffern, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!