Sr. Project Manager, Construction
Company: Urban Edge Properties
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Title: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Senior Project Manager,
ConstructionDepartment: - Development & ConstructionReports To: - -
-Vice President, Development & ConstructionLocation: - - - - - - -
Paramus, NJGeneral Purpose of Job/SummaryThe company's retail
portfolio comprises 17.0 million square feet in 75 properties.
Urban Edge's core assets are concentrated in the Washington, DC to
Boston corridor and it has a presence in Puerto Rico and
California. -Properties include enclosed regional malls, power
centers, neighborhood centers and single-tenant buildings, as well
as industrial and office buildings. -The company is seeking to
expand their portfolio through development, redevelopment, and
acquisition. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with internal and external partners to craft unique
environments that support the retail merchandising, community
vision, and mixed-use components.
- Partner with other disciplines within the organization to
coordinate and integrate leasing, operations, acquisitions, and
- Develop budgets for investment real estate development
- Develop schedules from the initial phase through
- Manage bid processes for hard and soft costs including
negotiating contracts; ensuring compliance with codes and laws; and
overall project management (monitoring cost, progress, schedule,
- Negotiate service provider and consultant contracts with legal
counsel guidance as appropriate.
- Engage with communities and municipalities to secure permits.
- Provide general support for real estate transactions and
special projects as needed.
- Conduct certain due diligence (architectural, engineering, and
environmental) for potential acquisitions as needed.
- Participate in a variety of aspects related to the financing,
permitting and programming of real estate development
- Coordination of designers, contractors, and marketing
consultants for project related work.
- Interface daily with designers, general contractors,
architects, pre-construction, and construction staff on development
and construction projects.
- Track job cost against budget and report to management on
projected savings or overruns.
- Take ownership of and solve problems throughout the conceptual,
design, construction, and delivery process.
- Thoroughly review design documents to ensure scope of work
meets all project requirements (including Tenant delivery
requirements); work with Architect of Record and contractors to
optimize design and value engineer projects.
- Coordinate with Tenant's construction team, design team, and
contractors to build and deliver spaces per lease specified
delivery conditions and dates.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders (Owner, investors, tenant,
municipality, etc.) as necessary to ensure consensus with design
and intent of project.
- Perform punch list inspections and oversee project closeout
- Strong desire to create unique places that foster community.
- Ability to participate in corporate decisions and understand
the firm's strategic plans.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated and independent, detailed oriented, strong work
ethic, high integrity and ethical standards.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Perform under heavy time and workload pressure.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Be personable, likable, a listener and a team player.
- Be open to and willing to accept input and direction.
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience in the real estate
- Experience in Construction estimating and scheduling.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in engineering, construction
management or other technical discipline.
- Proficiency in windows-based environment, including MS Project
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Excellent financial analysis skills, with strong Excel
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask within a fast-paced
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Creative problem-solving skills. -Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-10 years of experience in Retail Real Estate Development and
- Exposure to other asset classes a plus
Keywords: Urban Edge Properties, Paterson , Sr. Project Manager, Construction, Executive , Paramus, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!