Pet Food Segment Manager
Location: New Hampton
Posted on: August 4, 2022
: Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets
specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and
well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art
solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries
worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton,
New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales
offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily
located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a
publicly traded company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over
$700 million and a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company
consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health;
Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs
over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities,
committed to developing the company into global market leadership
positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing
company, visit POSITION SUMMARY : This role is responsible for the
North & South America pet food business. This consists of pet food
segment strategy development and execution of the full business
plan in collaboration with other regions and functions. This
position would be responsible for the day to day sales of all
Balchem products and account plans. Growth and innovation for
product portfolio and customer base is a critical part of the role.
- Develop annual and three-year business plan including annual
business plans for PetShure, KeyShure and Purachol product lines,
providing clear goals, objectives, strategies, tactics and KPI's
associated with plans. Collaboration with Technical Services,
Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing and Leadership is expected.
- Maintain and grow Balchem Pet product lines, throughout the
value chain including feed companies, feed distributors,
traditional pet food, pet food treats, pet food supplements, sales
agents and other companion animal feed producers. Provide technical
information and economic value model to convert to buying customers
for our products.
- Manage market insights and demand implications to ensure
product forecasts with demand and finance team to maintain
consistent supply & competitive pricing.
- Monitor product performance and customer satisfaction providing
technical support as required.
- Keep current with market dynamics and respond to accordingly to
protect existing sales, grow customer base and capture business
- Support Technical Services, R&D, Marketing, other Sales
Region and other functions as needed to support the overall Pet
- Develop volume and sales forecasts ensuring finance, supply
chain, & customer service is aligned to support efficient
production planning and raw material purchasing.
- Submit and maintain annual and monthly budgets aligned with
annual business plan.
- Responsible for Balchem presence and representation at pet food
related trade shows, seminars, university engagement and industry
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of
safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Complete all corporate training and requirement on time and
within corporate policy. REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree Animal Science, Animal Nutrition or other
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of successful sales experience and the
strategic/key account or business to business level. History and
track record of success within the f Pet food industry
- Experience developing business plans, forecasts, budgets and
- Understanding of supply planning and demand planning
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both written
and orally. #IN Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that
values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment
opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and
Keywords: balchem, Paterson , Pet Food Segment Manager, Executive , New Hampton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!