Pet Food Segment Manager
Location: New Hampton
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Text to Apply!Text JOIN2725 to 845-400-TEAM (8326)
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty
ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of
life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the
finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our
corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson
Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices,
manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the
US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded
company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and
a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three
business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition &
Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people
worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to
developing the company into global market leadership positions. To
learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit
This role is responsible for the North & South America pet food
business. This consists of pet food segment strategy development
and execution of the full business plan in collaboration with other
regions and functions. This position would be responsible for the
day to day sales of all Balchem products and account plans. Growth
and innovation for product portfolio and customer base is a
critical part of the role.
- Develop annual and three-year business plan including annual
business plans for PetShure, KeyShure and Purachol product lines,
providing clear goals, objectives, strategies, tactics and KPI's
associated with plans. Collaboration with Technical Services,
Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing and Leadership is
- Maintain and grow Balchem Pet product lines, throughout the
value chain including feed companies, feed distributors,
traditional pet food, pet food treats, pet food supplements, sales
agents and other companion animal feed producers. Provide technical
information and economic value model to convert to buying customers
for our products.
- Manage market insights and demand implications to ensure
product forecasts with demand and finance team to maintain
consistent supply & competitive pricing.
- Monitor product performance and customer satisfaction providing
technical support as required.
- Keep current with market dynamics and respond to accordingly to
protect existing sales, grow customer base and capture business
- Support Technical Services, R&D, Marketing, other Sales
Region and other functions as needed to support the overall Pet
- Develop volume and sales forecasts ensuring finance, supply
chain, & customer service is aligned to support efficient
production planning and raw material purchasing.
- Submit and maintain annual and monthly budgets aligned with
annual business plan.
- Responsible for Balchem presence and representation at pet food
related trade shows, seminars, university engagement and industry
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of
safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Complete all corporate training and requirement on time and
within corporate policy.
- Bachelor's degree Animal Science, Animal Nutrition or other
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of successful sales experience and the
strategic/key account or business to business level. History and
track record of success within the f Pet food industry
- Experience developing business plans, forecasts, budgets and
- Understanding of supply planning and demand planning
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both written
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and
promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and
a work environment free of harassment and hostility.
Please see job description
Keywords: balchem, Paterson , Pet Food Segment Manager, Executive , New Hampton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!