Manager, Operations Reliability
Posted on: January 24, 2023
As the Manager, Reliability Operations , in our Corporate Product
Engineering department, you will be an integral contributor to the
digital transformation of Volvo Cars USA, a leading disruptor in
the automotive industry. You will be integral to supporting
operations methodologies and best practices. You will lead and
mentor operations team members in implementing and managing a wide
range of reliability capabilities located on-prem and in the cloud.
You will also work closely with Digital Product Owners to develop
and build products that will continue to inspire a richer
data-driven culture at Volvo.
- Define automation requirements for new job workloads, data
integrations, and file transfers.
- Lead the implementation and operations aspect for new
- Facilitate and maintain IT operations transparency, enabling
user and business access to data.
- Monitor the utilization of automation tools for infrastructure
provisioning, configuration, and deployment.
- Design and maintain operations run sheets, performance metrics
and team dashboards.
- Work closely with subject matter experts, engineers, product
owners, and business teams.
- Lead troubleshooting of system and performance problems in
- Responsible for the monitoring and success of scheduled jobs
(ad-hoc, daily, weekly, month-end).
- Maintain documentation of workflows.
- Apply principles of continuous improvement process.
- Strong soft skills (communications, influence, problem solving,
interpersonal, relationship, emotional maturity)
- Knowledge of standard methodologies and IT operations in an
always-up, always-available service.
- Strong experience running operations in a multi-platform,
multi-country real-time, environment.
- Familiarity with third party platform integration such as
Salesforce, MuleSoft and Adobe.
- Familiarity with large scale monitoring systems, such as
SolarWinds, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, or Splunk.
- Strong experience in managing cohesive distributed teams.
- Experience leading teams using Scrum or other Agile project
- Experience with Tivoli, Redwood, Autosys, or other workload
schedulers is desired.
- Strong FTP/SFTP/SSH/Telnet, skills required.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
- 10+ years in a technical operations support role
- 2+ years of leading technical teams and people management
- ITIL Foundation Certificate a plus
- Automotive experience a plus
Mahwah, NJ, US
Job requisition ID: 62748
Keywords: Volvo, Paterson , Manager, Operations Reliability, Executive , Mahwah, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!