Senior Technical Manager - Hybrid
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Applications Development Group Manager is a senior
management level position responsible for accomplishing results
through the management of a team or department in an effort to
establish and implement new or revised application systems and
programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall
objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis
and programming activities.Responsibilities:
- Lead a group of engineering talent and deliver results while
attracting and retaining top talent
- Set the team vision. You understand the direction of the
company, align and translate it into an actionable team plan.
Perform budgeting and forecasting responsibilities.
- Build trust and foster a collaborative team culture and help
grow the respective leaders in each of the focus areas
- Provide technical leadership, influence and partner with your
team to architect, design and build systems and platforms that can
stand the test of scale and availability, while reducing
- Deliver business impact. You work with product and data science
partners, and adjacent engineering teams to come up with success
metrics, build and execute on concrete action plans
- Collaborate with and influence other teams. You share and
communicate roadmaps with external teams, understand and align team
goals to collectively deliver results efficiently
- Have an excellent executive presence to communicate the team's
vision/plan effectively and represent the Innovation team and POV
in the overall Citi Global Wealth Management Technology
- Build an influential culture of engineering excellence
maintaining the balance and right tradeoff for building products
for speed and tech debt
- Working in an innovative team, mostly within the domain of
Machine/Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Distributed
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate
integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and
define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through
in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system
processes, and industry standards
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of
applications programming and ensure application design adheres to
the overall architecture blueprint
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards
for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts,
allocating work as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Experiment/design/develop solutions using new/emerging
- Consult on architecture and design, bootstrap, and/or implement
strategic projects for Citi Private Bank.
- Architect, implement, and/or validate integrations with 3rd
- Enormous sense of ownershipQualifications:
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (in science, computers,
information technology or engineering).
- Programming experience in one or more application or systems
languages: Haskell, Scala, C/C++, Java, Python, R etc.
- Background in functional programming. Haskell, Scala, Clojure,
F#, Ocaml, Erlang, Clojure/Lisp/Scheme.
- Distributed Systems Design experience, clear understanding of
distributed systems concepts and principles.
- Strong understanding of Database concepts and performance
- Willing to learn new languages/methodologies/concepts.
- Experience working with business partners and engineers to
gather, understand, and bridge definitions and requirements.
- Commitment to writing understandable, maintainable, and
- Innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of accountability
for one's work. Skills considered a plus:
- Haskell experience.
- Background in Machine Learning projects.
- Experience working with Apache Spark Ecosystem of Tools
- Experience with TensorFlow
- Experience with stream processing software, like Apache
- Familiarity with software development on Kubernetes,
- Strong understanding of different storage architectures and
their appropriate application. This job description provides a
high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related
duties may be assigned as required. - Job Family Group: Technology
- Job Family:Applications Development Time Type: Full time Primary
Location: New York New York United States Primary Location Salary
Range: $164,310.00 - $246,460.00 Citi is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer.Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc. and its
subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to
apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a
disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search
tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at
Citi .View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
Supplement .View the EEO Policy Statement .View the Pay
Transparency Posting - Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires
that all successful applicants for positions located in the United
States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a
condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior
to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Paterson , Senior Technical Manager - Hybrid, Executive , Riverdale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!