Mechanical Design Manager
Company: Willdan Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Why WilldanAt Willdan, we seek action-oriented thought leaders, who
are driven to solve some of tomorrow's biggest challenges -
especially those in energy and infrastructure. Our employees want
to make a difference, and we have the ambition, resources, and
technical know-how to do it. Our rapid growth and successes over
the past five decades stem from our ability to think big while also
paying special attention to project quality and customer
service.Company DescriptionWilldan is a leading, nationwide
provider of comprehensive energy and sustainability solutions. The
exciting and growing energy sector provides Willdan employees an
opportunity to contribute to the clean energy economy. Willdan
Performance Engineering, a division of Willdan Group, inspires and
empowers communities by creating transformational environments. Our
clients include school districts; universities; city, county, and
state governments; private enterprises; and healthcare facilities.
Our dynamic and inclusive culture embodies the following
- We drive change
- We think long-term
- We are courageous experts delivering ambitious solutions
- Personal growth drives organizational growth; Organizational
growth drives personal growth
- We succeed when we are accountable as a team
- We cultivate diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams committed
to serving our communitiesFaced with a thriving and evolving
market, we strive to consistently enhance our services and
expertise to ensure that we provide unparalleled value to our
clients. The selected candidate will become a part of a growing
organization with year-over-year revenue growth, competitive
benefits, and a diverse project workload. Come grow with
us!Position DescriptionWe are currently looking for a Mechanical
Design Manager. Our Project Development Engineering Team is
committed to delivering creative facility and energy solutions to
our communities. We are industry leaders who develop energy and
engineering solutions that enable our clients to reduce their
energy and operational expenses. You will work alongside our
Business Development Team to develop solutions that solve our
clients' facilities, operational, and financial challenges. You
will then champion those solutions through our design process by
leading the internal team of engineers, drafters, construction
professionals, and commissioning agents to deliver projects that
achieve the shared visions of Willdan and the communities we serve.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for direct leadership over our design teams, all
disciplines, resulting in the delivery of high-quality, innovative
- Establishes and maintains relationships with partner
- Build-out every needed discipline as workload on our projects
suits in-house capability
- Provides overall leadership in architecture/engineering/design,
project planning and troubleshooting.
- Ensures that assigned projects meet all internal and external
expectations including but not limited to client satisfaction,
budget, timing, quality and safety
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the
Company's design initiatives.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and
systems to improve organizational processes and
- Assign project personnel to specific phases or aspects of
project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of
specifications and technical plans.
- Review project design for compliance with engineering
principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and
- Communicate with customers to determine needs and applications
relative to special installations and adaptations.
- Accountable for quality of all design's leaving the group.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and
- Determine engineering hours and project costs to provide
project estimates used in the development of budgets.
- Implement engineering strategies across our award-winning
projects to ensure that teams, technology, and systems are able to
meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Manage design on diverse, simultaneous projects of varying
- Monitor, track, and proactively coordinate the progress of
projects under development paying special attention to quality,
effort against budget, and delivery on schedules and timelines
- Work closely with project development to support specification
development and monitor the attainment of those specifications
throughout the entire project delivery.
- Establish department goals and organize team to accomplish
results within budget and on schedule.
- Lead design across multiple sites nationally, ensuring safety,
quality, productivity, and efficiency.
- Directs the work of the engineering team in the allocation of
resources to ensure a high level of organization, cooperation,
communication, and accuracy in managing the relationship and
operational issues of all projects.
- Utilizes tools and relationships to know what projects are
being planned. Understands what stage they are in and how we can
position ourselves to capitalize.
- Trains and motivates staff supplying technical direction and
guidance, as well as hands-on management, recognizing the role as
that of both manager and support resource/mentor
- Assigns appropriate staff to projects and makes recommendations
to project management, other engineering groups and sales regarding
schedule and deadlines
- Supervises equipment specification, evaluation and selection,
overall facility design, project planning, evaluation and
recommendations for all projects
- Interacts with sales, project management, construction and
commissioning to deliver a high-quality outcome
- Knowledgeable about codes and specifications required by
federal, state and local agencies and recommended practices our
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering is required.
- Professional Engineering license or EIT is preferred.
- Additional project development, engineering, and energy related
professional certifications are a plus (e.g. LEED-AP, CEM, ASHRAE,
- Ten or more years of progressive engineering experience
- Experience leading teams.
- Experience in Public Sector energy engineering with Cities,
Counties and School Districts preferred.
- Excellent initiative, and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrates engineering and analytical acumen to develop
complex solutions and build credibility
- Extensive experience managing complex projects and
interdisciplinary teams of professionals.
- Moderate regional travel required with possibility of limited
national travel; overnight travel about 15%. Benefits
- Unlimited time off for vacation, personal matters, volunteer
- Employee discounted stock purchase plan
- 401k match
- Health, dental, vision, life and wellness coverage
- Flexibility to work from home or in office EEO
Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation
Statement:Willdan is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, religious
creed, color, age marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, citizenship status, national origin,
ancestry, religion, military service or veteran status, disability,
medical condition, childbirth and related medical conditions,
genetic testing, reproductive status or any other classification
protected by federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Willdan
does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability
where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably
accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable
accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you need
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring
process, please contact human resources. Willdan Group, Inc.
participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: Willdan Group, Inc., Paterson , Mechanical Design Manager, Executive , Bridgeport, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...