Registered Nurse S2
Company: Westchester Medical Center
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job Details:Job Summary:The PACU Nurse (RN) provides
professional nursing care and support for patients undergoing
surgical and non-surgical procedures that receive anesthesia. The
RN provides direct nursing care by assessing patients' needs,
performing physical examinations, and taking health history and
demographic information. In addition, the Registered Nurse plans,
develops, implements, administers, evaluates and updates
specialized plans of treatment and preventive care regimens in
accordance with medical orders and nursing standards, and also
annotates medical records in accordance with established
procedures, implements infection control protocols, and ensures
compliance with regulatory requirements. Responsibilities:General
- Provides direct nursing care to patients by assessing their
physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual status.
- Develops a plan of care consistent with the patient's condition
and annotates medical records in accordance with established
procedures and regulatory requirements and provides information to
clinical and support staff to facilitate continued proper nursing
care. Includes the patients and family in the process of care
- Performs comprehensive patient assessments, noting any
improvement or deterioration in the patient's condition and
implements and evaluates nursing care accordingly.
- Assesses patients and administers treatments, medications, and
general care according to nursing plan of care, best practices,
established protocols and medical orders to treat actual or
potential disorders and to optimize the physical and mental
well-being of the patients.
- Operates and maintains specialized medical equipment.
- Evaluates and documents patients' responses to care regimen and
adds to; changes or resolves interventions on the nursing plan of
care and/ or collaborates with physician regarding the need to
revise the treatment plan.
- Collaborates with appropriate members of the health team (i.e.:
Anesthesia, Surgeons) to coordinate care for patients.
- Coordinates care with other departments (i.e.: dietary, social
services rehab services, etc.), serving as a liaison to ensure
services are provided in a timely manner.
- Confers with patient and family, when indicated, in the overall
planning of nursing care and provides up-to-date knowledge to
educate patient and family about medication and medical
- Participates in discharge planning in collaboration with other
health care providers and community resources to ensure full
utilization of support services which address patient needs.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities to ensure
provision of optimum care and follow-up for patients.
- Ensures continuity of nursing care by providing comprehensive
end of shift reports to oncoming staff.
- Advocates the patient bill of rights and advocates on behalf of
patients and families to ensure continuity and understanding of
- Participates in continuing education programs and in-service
education in order to provide the most appropriate nursing
- Demonstrates proficiency in the care of patients receiving
moderate sedation, regional and general anesthesia
- Assessment and reassessment of pain upon admission and through
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate medication use and
follows all policies concerning medication administration.
- Use of assessment and reassessment of patient's response to
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in hemodynamic
- Utilize the nursing process along with AORN/ ASPAN standards to
ensure all of the patient safety goals are incorporated into the
care of the patient.
- Assists physician during procedures, carries out physician
- Demonstrate appropriate assessment skills including
prioritizing and delegation of patient care activities.
- Communicate with other members of the health care team
regarding the patient's condition during the post procedure
- Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique.
- IV Therapy
- Recognize and report signs and symptoms of abuse and
- Demonstrates clear knowledge necessary to provide patient care
by ensuring all equipment and supplies are available for
- Demonstrates correct application for cleaning /disinfection of
- Specimen Handling
- Identifies emergency situations and institutes corrective
actions in a calm and efficient manner.
- Completes documentation in an accurate, timely and legible
- Completes all appropriate charges in a timely manner.
- Provides support and comfort to preoperative patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of available resources to meet
- Demonstrates knowledge of alarm systems.Qualifications /
Requirements:Experience: Previous PACU nursing preferred, Critical
Care experience preferredEducation: BSN Preferred. Completion of
BSN is expected within 5 years of hireLicenses / Certifications:
Must possess a valid license and current registration, issued by
the New York State Education Department, as a Registered Nurse.
Current BLS, ACLS and PALS required.CPAN and /or CCRN certification
preferred.Other: If applicable, the individual performing this job
may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and
other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this
position are required to exercise universal precautions, use
personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies
concerning infection control.
Keywords: Westchester Medical Center, Paterson , Registered Nurse S2, Healthcare , Suffern, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!