Registered Nurse - RN
Company: Continuum Health Alliance, LLC
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Registered Nurse Department/Location:
OperationsReports to: Practice Manager/Supervisor FLSA Status:
Non-exempt Direct Reports: n/a Company Overview At Consensus
Health, we believe better healthcare begins with a community of
strong, independent providers delivering high quality,
compassionate patient care with improved outcomes. As New Jersey's
fasting growing independent medical group, Consensus Health offers
full clinical and operational integration with our value-based care
programs, enabling providers to transform the healthcare delivery
experience. In addition, Consensus Health owns and manages New
Jersey's oldest Independent Physician Association ("IPA") with over
1,000 providers throughout the state. At Consensus Health we
believe in fostering an environment of collaboration,
participation, and respect. A cornerstone of that belief is a
commitment to attracting talented and dedicated team members who
work together for the common purpose of providing clinical
excellence.Consensus is committed to attracting, developing, and
retaining talented people who are passionate about helping
physicians and their staff deliver better care to patients and
whose values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the
right solutions forward to strengthen the relationship between
providers and patients and ensure that our staff are well served.
Position Summary The Registered Nurse is a key role in our
practice. They create a strong first impression for our patients
and ensure they feel cared for by our practice. They prepare a
patient for the doctor's evaluation and assists clinical providers
with patient examinations by obtaining and documenting vital signs,
past medical and social history and updating electronic medical
records (EMR). Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe duties include, but
are not limited to:
- Assist professional nursing staff by providing direct patient
care. Prepares charts, takes temperature, pulse, performs
screenings, blood pressure and respiration and other duties as
- Assist physicians by maintaining practice workflow, organizing
exam rooms, maintaining, and ordering supplies, screening patient
requests and other duties as assigned such as blood draws, POC
testing as directed by Provider.
- Follows instructions closely and reports observations and
symptoms indicative of the patient's reactions to treatments and
- Responsible for workflow in practice to ensure timely
appointments and decreased wait-times to see Provider.
- Assist in scheduling accurate initial evaluations, follow up
appointments and cancellations.
- Initiates all appointment reminder calls in a professional and
courteous manner, projecting appropriate language and tone of
- Demonstrates effective oral, listening, and written
communication skills that facilitate positive customer
relationships and staff interaction in the delivery of care.
- Prioritizes duties and responsibilities and completes them
accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Maintains confidentiality and demonstrates responsible judgment
by updating knowledge, referring problems through appropriate
channels, and observing the policies and procedures.
- Obtain and enter patient history, chief complaint, and update
the medication list into the electronic medical record.
- Maintains compliance with legal requirements, HIPAA, OSHA, and
- Assisting with other office duties including answering phones,
faxing, filing, etc.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders,
verifying receipt, sorting, and storing.
- Restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
establishing and following standards and procedures, complying with
- Help answer phones, filing, greeting patients and any other
administrative task. Maintains infection control/safety guidelines
and confidentiality policies.
- Perform other duties/tasks as requested by providers,
coordinators, and management in accordance with office
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications or Education, Training and Experience
- At least 2 years of similar job experience in a medical office
- Familiar with EKG, Phlebotomy and Patient Care
- NJ State Registered Nurse
- CPR certified
- Experience on EHR and EMR systems, Athena preferred
- Knowledge of pre-authorizations and referrals Knowledge and
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to clearly communicate medical information to
professional practitioners and/or the general public.
- Good interpersonal skills, sense of urgency, being proactive
and ownership for one's work.
- Dependable, with strong work ethic and extremely high degree
- Ability to deal with multiple interruptions on a continual
basis that must be met with a friendly exchange with others.
- Helpful and constructive view of working with others to achieve
- Taking responsibility and being accountable for your own
actions Physical/Mental Demands and Work EnvironmentThe physical
demands described are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk, bend, sit, talk, lift, or hear. The employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands and arms to
operate general office equipment (PC, telephone, file cabinets,
copier, postage meter, fax machine and printer). The employee may
occasionally lift and/or move between 10 and 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision and
ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise
level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.The
Company reserves the right to modify the job description based upon
its needs and may require the employee to perform functions beyond
those mentioned above. Neither this job description nor any other
communication creates an employment contract between the Company
and the employee.Equal Employment Our culture encourages individual
development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative
excellence, and leads New Jersey in provider and patient
satisfaction. Consensus Health values diversity, inclusion, and
equity as matters of fairness and effectiveness. We are committed
to hiring and retaining a staff that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve, fostering an inclusive working environment
where staff of all backgrounds feel welcomed and engaged. Consensus
Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications
from individuals underrepresented in the medical sector, including
people of color, and persons with non-traditional work and
educational experience. All who believe they meet the stated
qualifications are invited to apply. Company SafetyWe believe that
the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our
employees. Consensus Health is committed to proactively creating
and maintaining an environment that is safe for our team and
patients. Employees are required to wear Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) including face masks, gloves, gowns, and more as
Keywords: Continuum Health Alliance, LLC, Paterson , Registered Nurse - RN, Healthcare , Denville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!