Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Company: Nobel Biocare
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Nobel Biocare is an innovation leader in the field of
implant-based dental restorations. We offer a dynamic and inclusive
environment that fosters creativity and collaboration within our
global workforce. We strive to provide the highest-quality implant
solutions and workflows, enabling our customers to deliver optimal
patient outcomes, while fostering practice growth. We embrace our
position as a leader in the premium segment and uphold the highest
standards in the dental industry. With a commitment to developing
our talented workforce, Nobel Biocare is a great place to build
your career. For more information about Nobel Biocare, visit
www.nobelbiocare.comJob Description:Under the direction of the
Production / Operations Manager, this position will provide the
technical guidance and support for all aspects of the EHS program
in a non-unionized Medical Device manufacturing setting. The
Environmental, Health and Safety team is tasked with ensuring
compliance with OSHA and EPA standards and Company safety policies
within the assigned Envista site(s).
- Recognizes, evaluates, and makes recommendations for the
control of potential workplace hazards in the areas of industrial
hygiene and industrial safety.
- Manages site Safety Action plan and related actions.
- Works in a team environment and guides members of maintenance,
engineering, production, purchasing and shipping departments.
- Investigates employee Health and Safety complaints, discusses
findings and recommends possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Manage environmental program (hazardous waste program,
stormwater program, wastewater monitoring, air quality reporting,
acting as a liaison with local regulatory agencies, ensuring
submission of applicable monthly, periodic and annual environmental
reports, working with Corporate EHS personnel on a frequent
- Classifies injury/illness events utilizing OSHA protocols for
record keeping. Analyzes loss experience for corrective
- Responsible for Environmental, Health & Safety policies.
Ensures that Environmental, Health and Safety policies and
procedures are current, distributed appropriately and that document
control is maintained.
- Conducts respirator fit testing to ensure regulatory compliance
utilizing quantitative or qualitative methods.
- Conducts industrial hygiene sampling for a variety of physical
and chemical hazards. As necessary, contract specialized industrial
hygiene work to a qualified third party. Work with industrial
hygiene consultant to identify sampling needs and ensure monitoring
in compliance with regulations. This includes air contaminants,
noise and ventilation. Prepares and files corresponding
documentation for easy retrieval and demonstration of monitoring
- Act as chair for site Ergonomics Team and lead ergonomics
initiatives at site.
- Accountable for maintaining contracts with 3rd party security
service providers and maintaining building access control
- Provide applicable EHS training to new hires and other EHS
training for specific programs to employees such as lead, mercury,
respiratory protection and spill response.
- Leads plant Health and Safety Committee as Co-Chair. Plans and
facilitates the conduct of monthly plant safety inspections with
other Committee members. Maintains master file of H&S minutes,
- Manage the site's property risk protection program, in
collaboration with the property insurer.
- Oversee and coordinate the Nobel Biocare Mahwah Emergency
Response Team and activities.
- Drives incident investigation process. Helps to identify root
causes of incidents for prevention of similar events in the
- Prepares periodic reports for local Management summarizing
incidents and worker's compensation costs and open claims. Submits
workers compensation claims paperwork in a timely manner, and
raises/disputes claims as warranted.
- Manages open safety item tracking list.
- Manages periodic fire extinguisher, first aid, and CPR training
for plant population.
- Participate on the Envista Corporate H&S Committee and
conduct H&S Corporate audits as required. Drive the correction
of audit findings
- Provide support to other Envista facilities, as required. May
involve travel.Job Requirements:
- bachelor's degree in environmental science, safety or
- Certificates from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals
("CSP"), Institute of Hazardous Materials Management ("CHMM") or
the American Board of Industrial Hygiene ("CIH") are desirable
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing, demonstrating
proficiency with vocabulary, grammar and punctuation; experience in
speaking before groups to explain or demonstrate.
- Proficiency in utilization of MS Office software including MS
Word, Excel and Access.
- Able to reason and display sound judgment and to prioritize
work and work in stressful situations.
- A minimum of three years of environmental, health, and safety
experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Extensive knowledge of and applicable experience regarding NJ
Department of Environmental Quality regulations.
- Sound knowledge of OSHA and environmental regulations required.
Knowledge of Workers' Compensation, FMLA and HIPAA regulations an
asset.#LI-PB1IND123Operating Company:Nobel BiocareEnvista and all
Envista Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national
origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other
characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is
available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/
compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.Envista and its family of
companies (Envista) will not accept unsolicited resumes from any
source other than directly from a candidate. Envista will consider
unsolicited referrals and/or resumes submitted by vendors such as
search firms, staffing agencies, professional recruiters, fee-based
referral services and recruiting agencies (Agency) to have been
referred by the Agency free of charge and Envista will not pay a
fee for any placement resulting from the receipt such unsolicited
resumes. An Agency must obtain advance written approval from
Envista's internal Talent Acquisition or Human Resources team to
submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid
fully-executed contract approved by the Global Talent Acquisition
leader and in response to a specific job opening. Envista will not
pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement and
written approval in place.About EnvistaEnvista is a global family
of more than 30 trusted dental brands, united by a shared purpose:
to partner with professionals to improve lives. Envista helps its
customers deliver the best possible patient care through
industry-leading dental consumables, solutions, technology, and
services. Our comprehensive portfolio, including dental implants
and treatment options, orthodontics, and digital imaging
technologies, covers an estimated 90% of dentists' clinical needs
for diagnosing, treating, and preventing dental conditions as well
as improving the aesthetics of the human smile. Envista companies,
including KaVo, Kerr, Nobel Biocare and Ormco, partner with dental
professionals to help them deliver the best possible patient
care.Envista separated from Danaher as an independent company in
2019. We brought with us the proven Envista Business System (EBS)
methodology, an experienced leadership team, and a strong culture
grounded in continuous improvement, commitment to innovation, and
deep customer focus to meet the end-to-end needs of dental
professionals worldwide. Envista is now one of the largest global
dental products companies, with significant market positions in
some of the most attractive segments of the dental products
industry. For more information, please visit
Keywords: Nobel Biocare, Paterson , Environmental Health and Safety Specialist, Healthcare , Mahwah, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!