Sales Manager, Animal Nutrition & Health - LATAM/ Canada
Location: New Hampton
Posted on: August 5, 2022
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and
markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health
and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art
solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries
worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton,
New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales
offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily
located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a
publicly traded company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over
$700 million and a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company
consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health;
Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs
over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities,
committed to developing the company into global market leadership
positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing
company, visit POSITION SUMMARY: This role is responsible for the
North & South America production animal business. The position
consists of regional business strategy development and execution of
the full business plan in collaboration with other regions and
functions. This position is responsible for the overall commercial
activities supporting and growing Balchem production animal
products and accounts in the region. Growth and innovation for
product portfolio and customer base is a critical part of the role.
- Develop and maintain a three-year business plan including plans
for Ruminant and Monogastric product lines, providing clear goals,
objectives, strategies, tactics and KPI's associated with plans.
Collaboration with Technical Services, Marketing, R&D,
Manufacturing and Leadership is expected.
- Maintain and grow Ruminant and Monogastric Balchem ANH product
lines throughout the value chain including feed companies, feed
distributors, traditional end-users, sales agents and other animal
feed producers. Provide product and technical information needed by
internal and external customers.
- Work with Regulatory team to develop product registration plan
for new and existing Balchem ANH products
- Manage market insights and demand implications to ensure
product forecasts are maintained with the supply demand and finance
teams to maintain consistent supply & competitive pricing.
- Monitor product performance and customer satisfaction providing
technical support as required in coordination with the Director of
- Keep current with market dynamics and respond to accordingly to
protect existing sales, grow customer base and capture business
- Support Technical Services, R&D, Marketing, other Sales
Regions and other functions as needed to support the overall
- Develop volume and sales forecasts ensuring finance, supply
chain, & customer service is aligned to support efficient
production planning and raw material purchasing monthly.
- Submit and maintain annual and monthly budgets aligned with
annual business plan.
- Responsible for Balchem presence and representation at related
trade shows, seminars, university engagements and industry related
organizations w/in the region.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of
safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Complete all corporate training and requirements on time and
within corporate policy. REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree Animal Science, Animal Health, Nutrition or
other related field
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of successful sales experience and the
strategic/key account or business to business level. History and
track record of success within the region and production animal
- Experience developing business plans, forecasts, budgets and
- Understanding of supply planning and demand planning
- Understanding of marketing as a business function
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both written
and orally in English and Spanish Balchem is committed to a
workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion,
equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of
harassment and hostility.
Keywords: balchem, Paterson , Sales Manager, Animal Nutrition & Health - LATAM/ Canada, Healthcare , New Hampton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!