Posted on: November 26, 2022
HIRING NOW Responsible for custodial needs of the facility.
Monitor and assist with ordering consumable supplies as required
for the vivarium operations, clean and organize stock rooms. Assist
with delivering packages. Stock PPE for entire site. Sweep and mop
floors in designated areas. Review, comprehend and comply with all
SOPs, IACUC protocols, safety and quality assurance standards, as
related to the assigned work area, assist cagewash and animal care
staff with moving caging, sanitizing colony, surgery, and testing
rooms.Apply Today Position: Laboratory CustodianSegment: Laboratory
SciencesLocation: Paramus, NJShift: 1st Shift Principal duties and
- Basic sanitation and maintenance of experimental and procedure
- Maintain accurate vivarium documentation and room logs as
- Monitor room conditions including temperature, humidity,
lighting, and pest control.
- Maintain adequate supplies by monitoring levels, perform
restocks as required.
- Notifies supervisor of any non-compliance issues.
- Clean equipment following established standard operating
- Disposes of Vivarium waste and carcasses in accordance with
- Performs additional cleaning or husbandry duties upon
- Maintains and sanitizes equipment and machines according to
- Remove trash, sweep, mop, and provide general cleaning and
sanitization of all Vivarium areas including floors, corridors,
racks, sinks, counters, test rooms, and other areas as
- Restocks consumable supplies as needed (paper towel, garbage
bags, biohazard bags, disinfectant, and PPE).
- Responsible for VHP and assisting with VHP.
- Performs monthly checks of eye wash stations and fire
- Receives weekly scrub delivery and transports dirty scrub
containers to loading dock for pick up.Must Haves:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull heavy
loaded equipment carts in a safe manner.
- Able to stand, bend, reach, and crouch while working.
- Proficient with standard computer applications such as
Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Able to update and maintain a database and be able to clearly
communicate verbally and via electronic mail.
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a
- Excellent communication skills, positive attitude, team player.
About Actalent: Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our
scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and
results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve
more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact.
We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences
that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes
consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable
continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is
an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Paterson , Laboratory Custodian, Healthcare , Paramus, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!