Registered Nurse (PRN)
Company: American Addiction Centers
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Company SummaryIf you are searching for a fulfilling place to
develop your career and an opportunity to make a difference in
helping others, then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a
progressive culture; we listen to your ideas, value a work/life
balance, invest in education, and we foster trust and respect for
all individuals. Our exceptional comp and strong benefits include
company matching 401K, medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
We are looking for our future leaders, who are not only going to
fill the qualifications for this job description, but who are going
to exceed expectations. Be a part of a team whose mission is to
provide quality, compassionate, and innovative care to adults
struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
Our purpose and passion are to empower patients, their families,
and our communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and
optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.JOB SUMMARYThe
primary function is to promote and restore patients' health by
completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians, and
providing physical and psychological support to clients and
families.Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Calls the appropriate team member (physician on-call) with all
non-life threatening medical and medication issues to obtain
guidance regarding his/her plan of action for the client. In the
event of a life-threatening emergency, all staff members are
authorized to contact emergency services by dialing 911.
- Identifies client care requirements by establishing personal
rapport with potential and actual clients and other persons in a
position to understand care requirements and treatment plans as
- Establishes a compassionate environment by assisting in the
provision of emotional, psychological and spiritual support to
clients and families.
- Promotes client's independence by establishing client care
goals, teaching client to understand condition, medications and
self-care requirements; answering questions.
- When needed on an occasional basis, assists patients with
sanitary hygiene and personal requirements.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards;
measuring health outcomes against client care goals and standards;
performing nursing functions, vital signs, bed checks, making or
recommending necessary adjustments; following philosophies and
standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse act,
and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves client problems and needs by utilizing
multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Communicates patient information to medical and clinical
- Collects information on the patients being admitted and
completes the admission process in the EMR.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from
health care support personnel.
- Protects clients and employees by adhering to infection-control
policies and protocols, medication administration and storage
procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in client EMR and
- Administers medications as per physician orders.
- Completes patient Progress notes prior to end of shift.
- As needed, assist with the admission process of potential
- Maintains continuity among teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping
- Maintains nursing supplies and medication inventory by checking
stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies;
placing orders for supplies.
- Adheres to infection control policies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending.
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care team
- Communicating information; responding to requests; building
rapport; participating in team problem solving methods.
- Orienting patients on facility procedures, operations and
- Other Job Duties As Assigned Education/Experience:
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Current RN License in in State of New Jersey.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Knowledge of addiction and drug treatment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write
clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to
questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and
Outlook.Physical RequirementsAAC is committed to principles of
equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide
reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State
and Federal disability discrimination laws
- Prolonged sitting at a desk
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a timeAmerican Addiction
Centers is an equal opportunity employer. American Addiction
Centers prohibits employment practices that discriminate against
individuals or groups of employees on the basis of age, color
disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic
information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or
federal law.Job ID: 2023-7621 External Company URL:
http://contactaac.com Street: 37 Sunset Inn Road
Keywords: American Addiction Centers, Paterson , Registered Nurse (PRN), Healthcare , Lafayette, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!