Company: Westchester Medical Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Salary Range: $62.23-$73.05/hrJob Summary : We are seeking a
Physician Assistant to join the OB/GYN at Westchester Medical
Center in Rockland and Orange Counties, New York. This is a unique
position that would provide support for the providers in the
department in both the office and hospital setting. The candidate
would provide outpatient care for pregnant patients and for women
seeking both routine and urgent gynecological care. The candidate
would provide first-assist surgical care in the hospital and
ambulatory setting. With the physician and physician assistant (PA)
relationship, PAs exercise autonomy in medical decision making and
provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. Other
responsibilities would include participating and contributing to
the growth of the entire womens health program.
- Medical knowledge and understanding of pathophysiology, patient
presentation, differential diagnosis, patient management, surgical
principles, health promotion and disease prevention.
- Manage general medical conditions and chronic conditions.
- Identify the appropriate site of care for presenting
conditions, including identifying emergent cases that require
inpatient admission versus outpatient management.
- Order diagnostic testing, blood work, imaging studies.
- Review blood work results, notify patients of results in a
- Recognize concerns that require changes in patient management
such as increased frequency in maternal / fetal testing or follow
ups ( New onset DM, IUGR)
- Differentiate between the normal and abnormal findings in
anatomic, physiological, laboratory and other diagnostic data.
- Perform office based procedures and examinations.
- Be familiar with electronic ordering of medications, diabetic
supplies or any other equipment as needed.
- Assist attendings in reviewing and answering patient phone
calls and messages
- Feedback to referring physicians as needed
- Identify appropriate interventions for prevention of
conditions. Qualifications/Requirements: Experience: Four years of
health care experience prior to applying to Physician Assistant
program, plus one year of experience as Physician Assistant,
required. Education: Masters Degree from an accredited PA program,
required. Licenses / Certifications:
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of
Physician Assistants (NCCPA) must be obtained prior to first day of
- Current New York State Physician Assistant license,
- Current BLS certification is required Other: Must be able to
travel to multiple locations throughout the network, required.
Keywords: Westchester Medical Center, Paterson , Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Suffern, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!