Assistant Medical Director
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Emergency Medicine opening in Suffern, New York. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
The Emergency Department Assistant Medical Director is responsible
for providing administrative support as well as medical care to
patients of all ages presenting to the Emergency Department. This
position will develop short/long-term plans for ongoing improvement
of the clinical, operational, and administrative quality of the
department. In addition, the Assistant Medical Director role will
also include clinical time commitments.
- Prepares the clinical schedule for emergency department staff
physicians and non-physician providers.
- Manages data collection for department metrics
- Participates in departmental performance improvement measures
to ensure safe, quality, and efficient medical care.
- Manages matters related to patient satisfaction at the
discretion of the Medical Director.
- Interfaces with community EMS agencies, providing education and
support when necessary.
- Oversees the administration of the emergency department when
the Medical Director is not available.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, and treats a broad array of acute and
non-acute medical and psychiatric conditions in patients of all
ages presenting for care in the Emergency Department.
- Works collaboratively with on-site emergency department
non-physician providers (PAs/NPs).
- Orders and interprets clinically appropriate tests.
- Performs procedures within the scope of practice and expertise
as defined by the delineation of privileges for emergency
- Consults with private physicians and/or hospitalists concerning
patients in the Emergency Department.
- Provides safe discharge, admission, or transfer dispositions of
patients in the emergency department.
- Coordinates outpatient referral and follow-up care plans for
patients being discharged from the emergency department.
- Communicates diagnosis-specific education to patients and
- Coordinates inter-facility transfers for patients in need of
services not offered at Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Provides medical control to paramedics and ambulance
- Supervises medical, PA, NP, and/or EMT/paramedic students
during clinical practice in the emergency department
- Uses an electronic medical record (EMR) to document patient
encounters in a timely fashion, place orders for patient care, and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Prior emergency medicine leadership experience or completion of
fellowship training in Emergency Department Administration.
Proficiency in all procedures, techniques, and skills listed in the
delineation of privileges for Emergency Department Physicians.
Completion of at least three years of post-graduate training in
Licenses / Certifications:
Current New York State License to practice medicine, active
unrestricted DEA license to prescribe medications, board-certified
or board-eligible in Emergency Medicine.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably
anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other
potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are
required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective
equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity
Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary
care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical
specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good
Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital
in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick,
Keyphrases: emergency medicine jobs, critical care medicine jobs,
pulmonary critical care jobs, critical care nurse practitioner
jobs, surgical critical care jobs, emergency medicine specialist
jobs, internal emergency medicine jobs, emergency medical care
jobs, emergency cardiac care jobs, wilderness medical jobs,
pediatric emergency medicine jobs, emergency medical technician
Keywords: WMCHealth, Paterson , Assistant Medical Director, Healthcare , Suffern, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!