Supervisor, Production (2nd Shift)
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Why manufacturing at Stryker?We are proud to be named one the
#1Best Workplace in Manufacturing and Production in the United
States by Fortune Magazine since 2017!Are you interested in getting
hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on
people's lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is
exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of
amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with
products that are improving and saving people's lives.Need another
reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team:
benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance
benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off
plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness
programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase
programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention
various social and recreational activities.
Who we want-
- Managers who drive performance. People who implement process
improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently
increase performance and productivity.
- Metrics-oriented managers. People who are always tracking
important business metrics to ensure projects meet expectations and
- Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and
hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their
team members.What you will do-The supervisor is responsible for the
overall direction, coordination and evaluation of a production
team. The supervisor will carry out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with Stryker policies and applicable law.
Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work,
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.Additional
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety, product
quality and compliance with the Stryker, Quality Manual and its
- Lead a production team to achieve plant and business objectives
by creating a self-directed team environment.
- Modify daily schedule according to needs.
- Work with customers and third party vendor to ship and receive
- Manage overtime levels and monitor controllable expenses to
meet budget goals.
- Manage staffing levels through visual staffing plan tools.
Ensure 100% compliance to on-time training. Develop positional
rotation to support continuous improvement and operator
- Evaluate employee performance, conduct performance appraisals
and provide feedback to employees. Recommend promotions, transfers
and recognition. Proactively address employee relations issues.
Manage performance and carry out actions and respective
- Verify and approve attendance reports and manage transfer of
hours. Manage employee relations per Stryker policies including but
not limited to: FMLA, Code of Conduct, Attendance and the Employee
Information Guide (EIG).What you need:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4 + years of relevant work experience required.
- Prior leadership experience is required.
- Prior manufacturing experience- highly preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma certification- highly preferred.** This position
will work 2nd shift: 3:30pm-12am
Know someone at Stryker?Be sure to have them submit you as a
referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our
employee referral program at
https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About StrykerStryker is one
of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together
with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer
innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and
Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient
and hospital outcomes.We are proud to be named one of the World's
Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune
Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by
Keywords: Stryker, Paterson , Supervisor, Production (2nd Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Mahwah, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!