Company: Homewood Suites - Mahwah
Posted on: June 25, 2022
This is the job description for CAFETERIA ATTENDANT.
Job Title: Cafeteria Attendant
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Executive Chef
Job Purpose: To provide and service the cafeteria area as well as
provide food and beverage items in the cafeteria. Provide high
quality guest service and demonstrates outstanding interpersonal
1. Informs customers about the available food, beverage, and items
available in the cafeteria and provides
customers with information about the hotel.
2. Prepares specialty coffee drinks in accordance with established
recipes. Operates cafeteria equipment
according to proper procedures.
3. Maintains a neat and clean environment in the cafeteria. Cleans
equipment, displays, floors, etc. as per SOP
for daily cleaning program.
4. Straightens/refreshes/restocks merchandise and food displays to
maintain a "fresh" look in the cafeteria.
5. Close and open cafeteria on time with proper setup for the day
and proper closing procedure for the evening.
6. Completes all sales through the Micros system, processes
transactions in accordance with established
accounting procedures ensuring proper cash handling, and is
responsible for a cash drawer.
7. Assists with managing inventory by monitoring stocks and working
with management to place orders.
8. Accounts for all cash and secures money drops in accordance with
hotel and company policies.
9. Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures
pertaining to this position and its duties.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving
several variables. Ability to balance cash drawer and exercise math
and basic accounting skills.
2. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write
reports with proper format, punctuation,
spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with poise,
voice control, and confidence, using
correct English and well-modulated voice.
3. Transcribing, entering, or posting data; talking with and/or
signaling people to convey or exchange
information, including giving assignments and or directions to
helpers or assistants.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education required
Experience: Retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
Caf-- or barista experience preferred 3-6
months related experience and/or training.
Licenses/Certifications: Food Safety Certification
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequently
lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and
gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and
fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Homewood Suites - Mahwah, Paterson , Cafeteria Attendant, Hospitality & Tourism , Mahwah, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!