Company: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley
Location: Port Jervis
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Cook prepares and oversees all food preparation for patients,
residents, and other food service programs within the Bon Secours
Charity Health System to ensure a high quality of food services are
* Oversees portion control and food quality for all food service
* Follows standards of local, state, JCAHO, and other regulating
agencies to ensure efficient operations of food preparation with
optimal quality and takes appropriate action.
* Ensures proper labeling and storage of all left over foods.
* Ensures proper food handling and sanitation.
* Prepares food in sufficient quantities to cover all service
* Takes daily food sample (one per meal).
* Times food preparation to meet service schedules.
* Records food temperatures.
* Inspects and maintains equipment and work area for both
cleanliness and operation.
* Responds to customer concerns as soon as possible.
* Reports any non-functioning and unsafe equipment to
* Participates in data collection for quality improvement.
* Communicates to immediate supervisor any food services issues or
* Adjusts to changing situations and work assignments.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
Previous food preparation experience in an institutional setting.
Therapeutic diet is required.
A high school diploma or GED required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably
anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other
potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are
required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective
equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port
Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY,
Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's
premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with
122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour
emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a
dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient
Keywords: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley, Paterson , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Port Jervis, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!