Extruder Operator - 1st and 3rd Shift Available
Company: Techflex, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The extruder operator is responsible for setting up and operating
the extrusion machine in accordance with established procedures,
guidelines, and customer requirements.
- Sets up and determines how to operate the extruder in
accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and customer
- Adjusts and maintains machine as necessary.
- Performs proper preventative maintenance for the
- Works collaboratively with production manager to improve
process development, procurement, customer support, and business
development, on existing products and new product
- Ensures good manufacturing practices and adherence to
established cleaning and safety procedures.
- Follows and maintains a daily inspection procedure and
inspection record for the extrusion line.
- Reels extruded product into rolls of specified lengths.
- Operates forklift for moving materials and equipment.
- Ensures seamless transition from changes in
- Keeps area clean and tidy daily.
- Knowledge of extruder machine and tools, including their
designs, uses, repair, and maintenance (i.e. clean tools).
- Installs, connects, tests and adjusts equipment.
- Locates defects on extruded products.
- Checks for conformance to specifications.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and drawings.
- Works with team members, shift supervisors and all necessary
personnel to take care of complications as they arise.
- Communicates with fellow team members to learn of any equipment
problems or malfunctions and take care of them as they come up.
Perform additional duties as assigned by Production Manager,
General Manager, and/or Management.
Knowledge, Skills, & Capabilities
- Fundamental understanding of extrusion process (product set ups
- Communication Skills- Active Listening and Verbal
- Ability to work standing up for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move freight, stock, or other materials weighing up
to 50 lbs. to and from storage or production areas, loading docks,
delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks,
tractors, or other equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial.
- Ability to read and understand product specifications.
- Ability to read measurements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or
High School Diploma or Equivalent
At least 1 years' experience related experience or training, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 50% Medical Coverage Paid by Employer
- 10 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Vacation Accrual
- 1 year - 1 week
- 2 years - 2 weeks
- 10 years - 3 weeks
- NJ Paid Sick Leave
- Profit Sharing
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Activities
Keywords: Techflex, Inc., Paterson , Extruder Operator - 1st and 3rd Shift Available, Other , Sparta, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!