Senior Buyer - Capital Equipment and Services
Location: New Hampton
Posted on: February 24, 2021
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and
markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health
and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art
solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries
worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton,
New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales
offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily
located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a
publicly traded company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over
$640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company
consists of four business segments: Human Nutrition & Health;
Animal Nutrition & Health; Specialty Products; and Industrial
Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are
engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company
into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our
dynamic, stable and growing company, visit POSITION SUMMARY: Under
the supervision of the Purchasing Manager - Capital & Indirect, the
Buyer - Capital Equipment and Services will in general be
responsible for strategic and tactical execution of sourcing and
procurement functions within company-wide capital projects. The
position will support the development of sourcing strategies,
execution of RFx processes, analysis of bids, negotiation of
contract terms and pricing, deliver targeted cost savings and
provide required commercial support throughout the project
lifecycle. This position will be a key functional team member for
capital project management. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Adheres to approved policies and procedures to ensure that the
assigned procurement functions are accomplished consistent with
Corporate operational and financial standards and within nationally
recognized purchasing practices.
- Operates in strict adherence within Corporate guidelines on
business ethics and safety policies.
- Supports project teams with vendor market analysis and supplier
landscape studies to ensure qualified and acceptable vendors are
included in the project RFx processes.
- Manages the RFx processes (RFI/RFP/RFQ) with vendors in support
of the project team's requirements as needed.
- Works in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager - Capital &
Indirect, the project teams and other management stakeholders to
establish baselines for budget and cost saving targets for each
- Coordinates with key stake holders to provide analysis of
vendor proposals and in-turn negotiates the best possible deal for
equipment, materials and services, considering the quality, service
and price for each proposal.
- Supports project teams in ensuring sourcing activities projects
employ approved vendors in consideration of company-wide supplier
- Utilizes effective administration of the purchasing system,
using current ERP, document management, and purchasing information
- Manages the issuance of transactional documents as related to
capital equipment and services procurement.
- Supports and provides guidance to local buyers, engineers,
plant managers, and other stakeholders in purchases of equipment
and services as needed.
- Drives utilization of tools and techniques that align to
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures
including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site.
- Acts as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to
resolve Procurement related problems.
- Monitors Supplier performance by ensuring product is delivered
as scheduled and meets specifications. Maintains appropriate files
to ensure suppliers are aware of their performance.
- Supports continuous improvement in spend and demand management
- Develops influential and positive stakeholder relationships
across the group.
- Assists the Purchasing Manager - Capital & Indirect in the
management of data systems needed for budget and reporting of cost
- May act as a delegate for the Purchasing Manager - Capital
Equipment & Indirect in specifically assigned activities.
- Minimum ten (10) years of strategic sourcing and procurement
experience in manufacturing environments. Chemical industry
experience a plus.
- Minimum five (5) years of capital equipment and services
strategic sourcing and procurement experience in manufacturing
environments, including project-based negotiations with domestic
and global suppliers.
- Prefer a Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering, chemical
engineering or manufacturing engineering.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels
of the organization and external contacts.
- Ability to influence and build consensus within
cross-functional project management teams.
- Proficient with MRP/ERP systems.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
- Organizational skills for efficient office control are
- Solid decision-making skills. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work is mainly sedentary.
- Travel to company and vendor sites both domestic and
international is required. #IN
Keywords: balchem, Paterson , Senior Buyer - Capital Equipment and Services, Other , New Hampton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!