Procurement Support Coordinator
Company: Gellert Global Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Originally established in 1916, Camerican International is a
leading US food importer to the retail, foodservice, chain
restaurant, and manufacturing industries. Camerican imports food
products such as frozen and canned fruits, vegetables, seafood, and
select specialty items from over 40 countries around the world.
Camerican is headquartered in Paramus, NJ, with sales offices
across the US. For more information, please visit us at .
As a Procurement Support Coordinator, you will support the
Procurement team with contracts, new item set-up, product
specification documents and provide various related reports and
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Issue purchase contracts with item details and submit signed
contract to packer/supplier; ensure contract details entered into
- Communicate shipping instructions to suppliers based on
customer specifications and enter information into ERP system.
- Follow up with packers/suppliers to ensure shipments are
completed by set timeline/deadlines; inform team members of any
delays for proper customer inventory planning.
- Continuously monitor packer/supplier contract inventory
balances to ensure contracts are completed accordingly to
- Review various shipping documents such as commercial invoice,
bill of lading, COAs for accuracy; resolve any discrepancies
- Collaborate with Logistics on shipping routings
- Collect information needed to create costings such as ocean
freight rates, ROE, loading capacities, pallet configuration,
product specs, warehouse rates, payment terms, brokerage and other
- Adopt new standards and best practices that elevate the
Company's procurement capabilities and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Food Importing industry experience is a plus
- Proficiency in MS office, especially in Excel
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact
with internal members as well as external suppliers and vendors,
both written and verbal
- Attention to detail to ensure quality of work.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound
- ERP P2P is a plus
In addition to offering a competitive base salary and a
performance-based bonus program, we are committed to providing our
employees with comprehensive benefits that include a choice of
benefit plans and levels of coverage to meet the needs of the
employees and their families.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefit options (Company
contribution towards medical)
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax Savings Flexible Spending Accounts - Health and Dependent
- Generous company match with immediate vesting upon enrollment
in our 401(k)
- Progressive PTO policy in addition to Company paid
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance program for both employees and their
- Employee engagement and recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Employee Wellness and Community Giving Initiatives
- Company-sponsored celebrations and team building events
Camerican International, Inc. (a Gellert Global Group company) is
an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and
diverse workforce through application of its nondiscrimination
policy. All employment decisions are conducted without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age,
physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, military status, and any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Gellert Global Group, Paterson , Procurement Support Coordinator, Other , Paramus, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!