Regional Food and Safety Specialist-NJ Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Regional Food and Safety Specialist-NJ Job BJ's Wholesale Club
was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in
the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar
operation with more than 200 clubs in 17--states from Maine to
Florida. While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25%
off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for
providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to
developing great talent. If you're a motivated and enthusiastic
person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to
providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you.
BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training
opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help
you succeed. REGIONAL FOOD AND SAFETY SPECIALIST The Regional Food
& Safety Specialist is responsible for managing all safety, food
safety and quality assurance programs to support club team members
and members in their regional market. Responsibilities include:
- Provide education and training--to club team members on BJ's
safety and food safety standards to comply with regulatory
standards (e.g., OSHA, EPA, FDA & USDA).
- Collaborate with the clubs on incidents that affect safety &
food safety, such as power & refrigeration outages, safety
- Conduct Safety & Food Safety assessments at each location in
your market and work with club management on long-term solutions to
- Support clubs with emergencies by being on call once every 10
- Proactively participate--in training classes, partner closely
with the management team for onboarding new team members, and build
relationships to ensure a safe shopping and working
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of regulatory changes
- 2+ years of food quality assurance and/or safety in retail,
food manufacturing, food services, or as a public health
- B.S. in Occupational Health and Safety, Food Science, Human
Nutrition, Microbiology or another Biological Science degree is
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations
and industry best practices related to food standards, safety and
- A proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Detailed oriented and possess excellent organizational and
- Must be able to clearly communicate expectations and problem
- Ability to work proactively with regulatory authorities and
respond to inspections within the market.
- Occasional overnight travel required.-- BJ's Wholesale Club is
committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all
qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry,
national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic
information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or
familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Paterson , Regional Food and Safety Specialist-NJ Job, Other , Paramus, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!