Company: The Salvation Army
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Grounds Associate works directly under
the Facility Supervisor. As directed, is responsible for the care,
treatment, repair and replacement of the grounds of the SLC. This
position is a non-professional, hourly rate position.
· Assists with the security of the site and
· As directed, implements repairs, as needed, on all equipment and
· As directed, implements repairs, in response to any health and
· Ensures all safety guidelines are followed. Including standards
directed by OSHA, The Salvation Army, industry standards, ACA,
State of New Jersey, & Dept. of Health.
· The Grounds Associate is responsible to see that equipment is
maintained in accordance with relevant regulations.
· Must have knowledge of the use, proper handling, repair and
maintenance of power tools, hand tools, equipment and
· As directed, ensure that all garbage is regularly cleared from
the receptacles around the camp and disposed of in a proper
· Ensure that the dump area on the site is kept free from debris
and in a presentable condition.
· Assists with all custodial maintenance projects as directed by
· As directed, ensure that all benches on the site are maintained,
cleaned and cared for, as well as maintain and clean bridges, farm
deck, porches, wood pathways, fire circle seats.
· As directed, ensure that playground areas are properly mulched as
· Move picnic tables, benches, garbage cans as directed.
· Keep roads well maintained and clear of debris.
· Maintain lawns by mowing and trimming grass.
· Complete any and all duties as assigned by the FS.
· Scheduled to work from 8:00 AM – 4:00 pm five days per week. The
typical work week will be Monday-Friday; however, this schedule may
be altered to accommodate special weekend events and summer camp.
In addition, the mechanical worker will also be “on call” for
emergencies or special needs.
· Minimum two years of experience as a
maintenance worker with emphasis on grounds maintenance.
· Thorough knowledge of field related to camp-ground maintenance.
(i.e. trees, lawns, shrubs, flowers, waterfronts, trails)
· Valid Driver’s License and experience with truck and grounds
· Familiar with guidelines associated with American Camping
Association and Health and Safety codes
Keywords: The Salvation Army, Paterson , Grounds Associate, Other , Bloomingdale, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!