Company: Transdev North America, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
:Transit Mechanic C needed in Rockland County, NY for the
Transportation of Rockland (TOR)
Transdev is seeking ASE certified technician for their Fixed Route
transit service contract in Hillburn,NY for the Transportation of
Rockland (TOR).We are looking for qualified and experienced fleet
technicians to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment, with
daily safety inspections, under general supervision.
Join Transdev and become a part of the largest private-sector
operator of transportation in North America one that cares about
its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and
vision) and group life insurance
- Career advancement opportunities owing to Transdevs presence in
over 200+ communities across North America
- Bonus paid yearly for all certifications
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned
transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach
systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Other duties as required
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy duty transit
equipment for Mechanic C level: less than 2 years
- Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake
endorsements (We offer development opportunities for obtaining your
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret
safety documents, blue prints, schematics, and other mechanical
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including
background and a drug test
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check.
Keywords: Transdev North America, Inc, Paterson , Mechanic C, Other , Hillburn, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!