Currently Brown and Caldwell has an exciting opportunity for a
Junior-Level Architectural Designer to join our Architectural team.
The successful candidate will work on various projects for
municipal, industrial, and federal clients. The candidate will work
with structural, mechanical, process and electrical engineers, and
designers on designs for facilities primarily serving the water and
wastewater industries. Project work includes: architectural
Revit/CAD model creation and drawing production efforts on
projects; development of architectural standard details; and
coordination with other engineering disciplines. The successful
candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, multi-discipline
environment to develop innovative, cost effective designs for new
facilities, expansions, upgrades and retrofits.
- Perform various aspects of architectural design, including
conceptual design studies, development of program requirements,
schematic design, design development and construction
- Preparation of marketing and client presentation materials.
(ie. 2D/3D representation and rendering material)
- Ability to conceptualize and represent initial design ideas
using 3D software
- Initiate architectural models using Revit/CAD for projects and
the production team.
- Conduct research on building materials and building codes
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively in a team
- Must be outgoing, confident, and team-oriented with strong
written and communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and execute Navisworks model
- Develop and maintain architectural project files and standard
- Assist with construction administration.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A four-year degree (BS in Architecture) or five-year degree (BA
in Architecture) from an accredited school of architecture.
- Proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD Architecture, Navisworks, and
- Knowledge of construction documents, with a basic understanding
of construction technology, sustainable design and building
- Knowledge of building codes and national standards.
- Passion for design excellence, collaboration and willingness to
- Knowledge and experience using Power Point and Photoshop.
- Experience with architectural modeling, detailing and drawing
- LEED and Envision credentials or willingness to obtain such
credentials are desired.
Benefits and Other Compensation: We provide a comprehensive
benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and
success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term
disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid
time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement
savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus
eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet
insurance and long-term care insurance. Click here to see our full
list of benefits.
About Brown and Caldwell
Selected by Forbes as one of Americas best midsized employers for
2021, Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental
engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,700
professionals across North America and the Pacific. For more than
70 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for
municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We
strive to be the company of choiceto our clients, who benefit from
our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our
employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client
service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find
a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of
expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For
more information, visit www.brownandcaldwell.com
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a
pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a
previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with
Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue
and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the
recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer.
Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to
apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs
and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR