Posted on: May 3, 2021
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage,
personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and
other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have
been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in
creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been
nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of
sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as
well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes
Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our
quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER
THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING
THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant's
production goals, overall business plans and objectives as
Essential Responsible Areas:
1. Complies with established job safety practices, policies and
procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the
safe performance of the work assignment.
2. Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety
3. Performs duties as required to insure compliance with the
plant's quality standards.
4. Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by
operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to
meet customer specifications.
5. Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds production equipment.
6. Performs troubleshooting on production equipment as
7. Performs preventative maintenance on production equipment as
8. Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned
9. Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process and
10. Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and
tooling required for assigned area.
11. Relieves operators and adjusters for breaks.
12. Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction
13. Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the
14. Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
15. Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
16. Performs cleanup, painting, and housekeeping duties.
17. Rotates through all workstations as needed.
18. Reviews SOPs and control plans relevant to their area on a
19. May be required to work in other areas of production.
20. May be required to go to customer(s) to troubleshoot equipment
and/or finished cans.
21. Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
22. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within
the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes
ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to
establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment
and minimize personal conflicts.
23. Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating
days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as
specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on
a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
24. Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or
Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding
environmental management activities.
25. Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during
emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment,
and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level
required by the position.
26. Understands, completes, and maintains environmental
documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed
by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping,
maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on
the status of assigned responsibilities.
27. Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation,
through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation
as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and
practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for
28. Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing,
or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through
graduate degree level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and
substantial adaptation and modification of standard manufacturing
techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary
information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to identify product defects.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity,
knowledge, and skills.
- Ability to operate forklift or aerolift, if required.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to meet deadlines and concentrate and pay attention to
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all
assigned equipment and products, and plant quality standards.
- Thorough understanding of the operating principles of all
- Performs such individual assignments as management may
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and
standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste
management and other environmental management requirements in the
workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but
not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection,
clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety
- Works in confined area(s).
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and
self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through
honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with
diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 29.55 per hour
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes
a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
'Total Rewards' to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving
fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does
not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job
application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In
person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball
Corporation ends in @ball.com. Please also be advised that Ball
will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check
during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have
questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our
careers website at .
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal
information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
Nearest Major Market: Middletown
Nearest Secondary Market: Poughkeepsie
Keywords: Ball, Paterson , Industrial Mechanic, Other , Middletown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!