IP & Legal Associate
Company: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA is a subsidiary of Glenmark
Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a leading player in the discovery of new
molecules both New Chemical Entities (NCE's) and New Biological
Entities (NBEs'). Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA is a fast
growing and robust US generics business, with plans to move into
the innovative market as well. The USA subsidiary also markets APIs
to regulated and semi-regulated countries.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. employs over 10,000 people in more
than 60 countries, including twelve manufacturing facilities, five
R&D centers, and front-ends in the US, EU, India, and
Currently, Glenmark is in a phase of immense growth both in the
U.S. and abroad, and is well-positioned to successfully emerge as a
leading integrated researchbased pharmaceutical company.
Role / Position Title - Legal, IP, and Compliance Associate
Country - USA
Region/ City (within Country) - Mahwah
FLSA (Exempt/Non-Exempt) - Non-Exempt
Hours - 8am 5pm
Travel Required - None
Provide administrative support to all attorneys within the Legal,
IP, and Compliance Departments. Provide organization and tracking
support to attorneys on litigations, IP, and compliance matters.
Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors. Review
all legal, IP, and compliance invoices for compliance with outside
counsel guidelines and process same for payment. Manage and track
all company contracts/agreements. Organize and prepare monthly
budget reports. Track department spend against FY budget and
provide other spend and budget analysis as necessary.
OVERALL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities and duties.
* Act as subject matter expert for current e-billing system.
* Review all invoices for compliance with outside counsel
guidelines and approve invoices pertaining to legal matters, patent
filings, product IP prosecution costs and litigations, and
compliance matters; checking for accuracy, cost center coding, etc.
and making sure invoices are approved and paid on time.
* Prepare budget status reports monthly, and as needed, pertaining
to outside counsel/vendor expenses; analyze actual and projected
costs vs. budgeted amounts, including breakdown of costs by
product, vendor and other applicable categories.
* In addition, prepare ad hoc reports as needed (e.g., spend for a
particular vendor for a particular time frame.)
* Manage non-disclosure, vendor and commercial agreements and other
legal and corporate documents as directed by legal team.
* Maintain electronic records database and physical files for all
business contracts and agreements, ensuring database Tracker (Excel
worksheet) and relevant contracts are complete and up-to-date.
Interface and coordinate with Pharmacovigilance Department on SDEA
agreements, as needed.
* Serve as custodian of corporate records.
* Lead and manage the collection of required information and data
for transparency reporting.
* Gather information and conduct research relative to legal
* Research and analyze statutes, regulations and other legal
* Provide paralegal and administrative support to all attorneys in
the Legal, IP, and Compliance Departments and to the Board of
Directors, such as scheduling meetings, arranging travel, preparing
expense reports, drafting correspondence, tracking legal and
compliance training and other organizational tasks, and other tasks
* File and maintain Legal, IP, and Compliance Department documents
and Board of Directors resolutions, agendas, minutes, and other
* Notarize documents.
* Track notice letter submissions receipts and deadlines.
KEY INTERFACES / INTERACTIONS
* Law firms and other vendors
Internal Interfaces ( Other than Direct Reports)
* Legal, IP, and Compliance, Commercial group, Pharmacovigilance,
Regulatory Affairs, Business Development, Finance, among others
WORK GENERATION ( in % Terms)
By Self - 40 %
By Attorneys - 60 %
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education (degree / diploma)
* Bachelors degree required.
* Bachelors degree related to finance or law preferred.
* Paralegal Certificate from accredited ABA-Approved Program
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
* Proficiency with e-billing programs, SAP, and Concur
* Prior pharmaceutical experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills (Functional / Technical)
* Must be organized and have a strong attention to detail.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting
* Must be able to work independently.
* Must have a strong work ethic.
Leadership / Managerial Attributes
* Strong communication skills, decision-making capabilities, and
sense of accountability.
* Strong sense of integrity.
* Commitment to position.
Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized
* Notary Public preferred; willingness and ability to become and
act as a Notary Public required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
* The incumbent typically works in an office environment and uses a
computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform
* The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an
* Incumbent may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the
* The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear;
frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel,
and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 20 pounds
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc USA is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status.
Keywords: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., Paterson , IP & Legal Associate, Other , Mahwah, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!