Director, Legal Operations (Virtual)
Company: Cognizant Technology Solutions
Posted on: June 9, 2021
At Cognizant we have a diverse legal team working closely with
business, sales and marketing, and other corporate functions
throughout the United States and the world to deliver digital and
information technology solutions for our customers around the
globe. The Cognizant Legal Ops team seeks a lead position to
oversee the day-to-day legal operations function. This role will
report to the deputy head of Legal Operations. In this role, you
will be responsible for coordinating all Legal Ops activity,
strategic planning, process optimization, and assisting with all
kinds of random matters. Activities will include overseeing all
programmatic activities including financial reporting, vendor
engagement, pricing negotiations, data driven decision making,
vendor usage reporting, supporting identification of preferred
firms and technology. Candidates must prior experience managing a
Legal Operations team and an executive level.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the deputy head of Legal Operations with the
development of expense plans and accurate forecasts.
- Manage monthly financial close processes including analytical
review of expense accounts and accruals. to ensure accuracy of
financial results and managing charges for expenses funded by CTS
- Create monthly and quarterly management reports and ad hoc
- Work with region Legal staff to ensure timely updates for
staffing and other critical forecast components.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, collaborate and
share best practices with other Legal Ops team members.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated financial management, planning and analysis
- Practical knowledge of law firm billing practices and common
legal matter progression (e.g., course of litigation, basic
procedure in the US, UK or other jurisdictions, basic corporate or
- Expert knowledge of budget, forecasting and accruals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Power BI &
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint, Teams & Word.
- Strong project management skills, including leading large,
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and
- Developed leadership skills, including teambuilding, conflict
resolution, and management.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of
- Ability to educate teammates and clients through written and
- Ability to work collaboratively on team projects and establish
positive working relationships with the client and team members
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, problem solve and work
under minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with
employees at all levels of the company.
- Demonstrate professional maturity in all situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to
- High ethical standards.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation
Prefer someone with prior experience managing a Legal Operations
team and an executive level.
Keywords: Cognizant Technology Solutions, Paterson , Director, Legal Operations (Virtual), Other , Teaneck, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!