Radiology Technologist, Perdiem
Company: Holy Name Medical Center
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist, Perdiem
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: Performs x-ray duties including fluoroscopy
and operating c-arms in and OR and Pain Management settings.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of x-ray
Experience: Experience preferred but not necessary.
Certification: Current and valid NJ licensure. CPR
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Follows prescribed techniques in administering x-rays.
- Prepares room, equipment, solutions and materials as needed for
- Cleans and disinfects x-ray room and equipment.
- Documents fluoro time. Schedules cases in IDX, resolves
exceptions as necessary.
- Protects self and patients from injury and unnecessary
radiation by directly observing and utilizing adequate Technique
Factors and ALARA
- Makes sure images are properly oriented, identified and marked
before transmitting images to PACS.
- Differentiats anatomical abnormalities and bring information to
attention of Radiologist.
- Compiles Quality Assurance data for regulatory agency
- Assists in making x-rays copies and all other film library
duties when deemed necessary.
- Assists in training of new staff members and students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains and respects modesty and confidentiality.
- Complies with hospital dress codes by wearing ID badge and
maintaining professional appearance.
- Demonstrates commitment to own work schedule by adhering to
- Assists and transports patients in emergency situations to
designated areas. Arranges for transportation to and from nursing
- Performs duties in an independent manner with little need for
- Incorporates the physiological and developmental age of patient
into overall plan for delivery of care
- Observes Hospital policy concerning Fire and Safety
regulations, Infection Control Standards, smoking regulations,
telephone usage and other rules governing conduct.
- Utilizes time in an effective manner.
- Adjusts personal schedule in case of fluctuations in workload
of the department.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize priorities and deal with them
- Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule,
overtime and evening/weekend hours in order to meet the operational
needs of the Department and/or the Hospital. Assumes on-call as
- Responsibilities will require the ability to read, write and
rationally comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a
multidisciplinary team to ensure that quality service is provided
to clients and physicians.
- Utilizing any or all Hospital provided equipment and/or safe
work procedures; employee shall be required to lift all objects as
- The employee must be able to perform the physical requirements
of this job, including but not limited to, standing, walking,
reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing. Must be able to
stoop, kneel and/or crouch.
Keywords: Holy Name Medical Center, Paterson , Radiology Technologist, Perdiem, Other , Teaneck, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!