Company: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley
Location: Port Jervis
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Radiology Technologist performs various radiology services,
including diagnostic imaging, and fluoro. Assists radiologists as
- Performs various diagnostic radiographic images.
- Performs images as needed during OR procedures, including but
not limited to, EP, Pain Management, etc.
- Follows precise procedures for exposure, positioning, and
safety of patients.
- Assures proper quality of images for each radiological
- Positions patients according to radiologists' protocols.
- Transports and operates portable x-ray equipment.
- Maintains security and control of meds within department.
- Obtains proper patient/image requisition identification in
order to assure appropriateness of procedure.
- Properly identifies patients using 2 hospital-wide patient
- Conducts patient/family education relevant to identified
- Ensures patients/visitors are oriented to hospital.
- Maintains accurate patient records for all procedures
performed, maintains patient confidentiality, and adheres to all
- Charges procedures and supplies used to patient record.
- Maintains required CE's as needed for licensure.
- Operates all x-ray equipment, computers, phones, and fax
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess
data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the
appropriate information needed to identify each patient's
requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to
provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and
- Provides patient care to neonates, pediatrics, adolescents,
1-2 years of experience preferred; new graduates may be
considered. Valid NY State License. Excellent technical,
organizational, and customer service skills.
Graduate of an approved school of Radiology.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably
anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other
potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are
required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective
equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port
Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY,
Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's
premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with
122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour
emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a
dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system,
anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours
Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous
applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment
Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your
understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able
to provide a better candidate experience.
Keywords: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley, Paterson , Radiology Technologist, Other , Port Jervis, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!