DSP Direct Support Professional - $14.16 - $17.16 per hour 17.5hrs
Company: Department for Persons with Disabilities
Location: Oak Ridge
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Department for Persons with Disabilities (DPD)
Regular Salary: $14.16 per hour Mon-Fri and $15.16 per hour
(shifts beginning 11PM Friday to 11PM on Sunday).
Are you passionate about making a difference in others' lives?
Then come join the DPD team!
Department for Persons with Disabilities (DPD) is one of the
largest Catholic Charities Agencies providing care for adults with
intellectual and developmental disabilities in the United States.
We are looking for dedicated, caring and compassionate people to
work in our Group Homes.
Whats the role of a Direct Support Professional/Overnight
Residential Counselor (DSP)?
- We are offering hazard pay! An extra $3 per hour (With
expiration, but this is continued hazard pay after the State of NJ
stopped paying it on March 31, 2021.)
- You will assist and/or supervise individuals in personal care
areas i.e. bathing/toileting; participate and/or supervise in
cleaning, cooking and life skills.
- Residential Counselor is a direct care professional whose
primary responsibility is to help meet the personal health, safety
and welfare of the people living in the group home.
- Administer and/or assist with medication administration.
- You must communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers
and the individuals living in the homes.
- Drive residents to/from day programs, outside/within their
community using agency vehicles.
- This position requires daily documentation of services
- Assist with fun community based activities
Great Benefits: For full time positions, (30+ per week) we
- We provide PAID training
- Medical/vision and dental
- Life insurance (agency-paid), supplemental life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Accidental/Critical Illness Insurance
- 403B (with company-matching)
- Generous paid time off
- Be motivated to work as part of a team that acts in the best
interest of our residents at all times
- Experience with ID/DD population is a plus
- This career requires HS diploma or equivalent
- A valid (non-provisional) drivers license
- The ability to meet the physical requirements of CPR/First Aid
and our emergency evacuation procedures.
Part Time-Shift: 17.5hrs (Monday - Friday 7:00am - 10:30am)
All offers of employment are contingent on the successful
completion/passing of our criminal background/references/DMV check,
fingerprinting, pre-employment physical and drug test, etc.
All staff must attend a monthly Staff Meeting date/time to be
determined and announced in advance
Meeting waivers are provided for conflicts due to secondary
employment and/or school (appropriate documentation required).
Keywords: Department for Persons with Disabilities, Paterson , DSP Direct Support Professional - $14.16 - $17.16 per hour 17.5hrs, Other , Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!