Company: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley
Location: West Nyack
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Nurse Manager (RN) Home Care is responsible for supervising,
instructing, and guiding nursing and auxiliary personnel to assure
quality of patient care services. In addition, this position is
responsible for the assessment and treatment for patients of all
ages, including neonates, children, adolescents, adults and
- Coordinates patient care with all necessary services including
nursing, rehab, nutritional services, equipment, professional and
non-professional staffing and support services.
- Works with members of the interdisciplinary team and managers
to develop appropriate interventions in order to achieve clinical
and functional goals.
- Develops policies and procedures as it relates to the
coordination of the Infection Control Program.
- Ensures quality of patient care by analyzing incident reports
and patient infections for trends in order to provide appropriate
- Collaborates with staff regarding patient plan of care and
- Assists Home Care staff in identifying special safety
precautions for patients when needed.
- Reports departmental infection control activities to the Home
Care Management Team, PI, PAC, Hospital Infection Control
Committee, Care Management Council, and Quality Committee of the
- Provides feedback to senior management regarding the needs and
accomplishments of the department.
- Ensures ongoing compliance and coordinates all activities
associated with Federal, State, local and other regulatory agencies
(i.e., DOH, OSHA, Joint Commission, CDC).
- Assists management with organizational needs and recommends
- Oversees the development of education offerings and conducts
training to staff on various topics about infection control,
changes in federal or state regulations, JCAHO standards, OSHA
standards, and CDC guidelines.
- Completes staff performance appraisals and field evaluations
within specified periods.
- Administers the human resources functions in the areas of
hiring, training, evaluating, developing, coaching, and
- Attends a minimum of six in-service programs annually.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Current New York State RN licensure required. Minimum two years
experience as a community health nurse in a Certified Home Health
Agency or long-term health care program. Six (6) credit hours or
the equivalent of education/training in public health and
principles of management.
BSN preferred or successful completion of BSN within 5 years of
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably
anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other
potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are
required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective
equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital
providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological
and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern
Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The
hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program,
comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound
and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services
that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan
Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse
services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of
the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system,
anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good
Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous
applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment
Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your
understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able
to provide a better candidate experience.
Keywords: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley, Paterson , Nurse Manager, Other , West Nyack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!