Food Service Worker NA-02
Company: Department of Defense
Location: West Point
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for
US Citizens and Non- Citizens within 35 miles of West Point, NY.
(Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated
Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the
area of consideration.)
This position is located at Grant Hall.
This position is Mission and Weather Essential.
Learn more about this agency
- Setting up cafeteria lines, steam-tables, dining room tables,
and side service stands with hot and cold food items including
meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, bread, butter, and beverages;
replenishing as necessary.
- Assembles or toss fresh fruit and green salads in quantity
using prepared dressings and portions into standard serving
- Making cold sandwiches using prepared ingredients.
- Operating, break down, and cleaning all equipment assigned to
the area for food preparation. Washing tables and counters.
7408 Food Service Working
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify)
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance
- Medical examination is required.
- Must be willing to accept a varying or rotating shift to
include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food
sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of
employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training
- The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position.
All GS and NAF employees whether fulltime or part time are eligible
to apply for this position.
Ability to understand and follow simple instructions, and be
able to use hand tools for cleaning and operating simple
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following
competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening
criteria and other characteristics.
Must have skill and knowledge to perform tasks involving several
procedures and be able to concentrate on work assignments despite
interruptions and distractions. A working knowledge of sanitation
standards is required as well as knowledge of procedures to prevent
contamination. Must know basic food handling techniques, personal
hygiene standards and safe work procedures. Must have the ability
to read and understand written material. Must have knowledge of
basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, fractions, and decimals, such as counting the number of
tables in order to determine the number of portions or meals
required, or, how many servings a particular container will
This experience must be reflected on your resume to be
considered eligible for this position.
This job does not have an education qualification
Keywords: Department of Defense, Paterson , Food Service Worker NA-02, Other , West Point, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!