Company: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley
Location: West Nyack
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Social Worker provides direct medical social work services
to patients at their home or place of residence. This position
develops a social work treatment plan to meet patient needs based
on patient assessments and provides a variety of social work
services to assist patients and/or their families achieve optimal
- Evaluates patient's psycho-social situation, and develops a
social work treatment plan that will enable the patient/caregiver
to maintain psychological and social stability.
- Assists patient/caregiver in following medical
- Effectively assists patients in obtaining benefits to which
they are entitled.
- Refers patient/caregiver to appropriate community
- Provides support, information, and assistance in patient's
- Assesses patient's socio-environmental, emotional, and economic
implications, and its effect on the patient/caregiver.
- Serves as a resource to staff, and provides support to staff as
- Conducts in-service programs for staff regarding Medical Social
- Participates in providing clinical experience for students in
coordination with their instructors.
- Interprets program services and policies to general public and
other health services, providers and recipients of home care
- Participates in agency team conferences and joint visits with
- Attends Home Care staff meetings and in-services as
- Collaborates with other staff members to develop management
techniques for patient problems and suggests community referrals as
- Participates in data collection for quality improvement and
incorporates quality improvement recommendations into
- Assists in developing, evaluating, and revising agency
program's policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative and effective working
relationship with the staff, physicians, case managers, and other
hospital personnel, outside vendors, agencies and the community at
- Documents accurately and timely into the medical records per
hospital and department guidelines.
- Completes HCFA 485/7s and paperwork timely and accurately.
- Serves as liaison between community social agencies and home
health agency as appropriate.
- Uses innovative treatment approaches in dealing with needs
presented by patient/caregiver.
- Completes accurate initial psycho-social assessment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of skilled interventions and implements
Two years experience as a Medical Social Worker in a certified
home health agency or long term home health care program preferred
Current registration or license to practice as a Licensed Medical
Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in
New York State.
Master's degree in Medical Social Work from an accredited
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably
anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other
potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are
required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective
equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital
providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological
and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern
Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The
hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program,
comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound
and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services
that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan
Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse
services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of
the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system,
anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good
Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous
applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment
Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your
understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able
to provide a better candidate experience.
Keywords: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley, Paterson , Social Worker, Other , West Nyack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!