Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the guidance and supervision
of a registered nurse or medical staff, is responsible for
administering routine practical nursing care to assigned patients
and residents according to the individual nursing care plan and
prescribed medical regimen within the scope of the Nurse Practice
Act and other applicable policies and procedures and in accordance
with regulatory requirements. The Licensed Practical Nurse
administers medications, takes and records vital signs, monitors
and maintains medical equipment, and contributes to the health,
comfort and safety of patients.
- Provides and administers individualized skilled nursing care to
- Records patient's responses and needs, and reports results to
designated clinical staff.
- Records, in the patient's official record, a detailed report of
the care given in accordance with the therapeutic plan and specific
aspects of the patient's plan of care.
- Assists patients with ambulation and personal hygiene.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient's medical records and
- Administers medications accurately, safely, and consistent with
the patient's condition and plan of care according to the policies
and procedures of the department.
- Re-enforces education and communication with the patient and
- Complies with the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Adheres to aseptic technique in performing procedures including
wound care, and implements established infection control procedures
- Utilizes and maintains medical equipment and performs technical
procedures in accordance with established procedures, safety
precautions and regulatory requirements.
- Observes patient, responds to patient's concerns, and reports
changes in the patient's mental or clinical condition to the
registered nurse as soon as observed.
- Reports unsafe conditions to appropriate registered nurse
and/or appropriate personnel.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative, effective working
relationship with the medical and clinical staff and other hospital
personnel, outside vendors, agencies and the community at
- Responds to emergency situations and fire/safety conditions in
accordance with established procedures and regulatory
- Participates in performance improvement activities such as data
collection and implementation of changes.
- May supervise and direct unlicensed assistive personnel and
- Complies with hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in staff meetings and huddles.
A minimum of one year experience as a licensed practical nurse
in an acute care, inpatient, home care and/or adult home setting.
Current registration/license to practice as a Licensed Professional
Nurse in New York State. Current BLS certification required.
Graduation from a New York State approved Practical Nursing
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably
anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other
potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are
required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective
equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection
At Schervier Pavilion, our goal is to help each resident
maintain the highest level of daily independence possible. Located
on a 27-acre campus that includes Mount Alverno Center, an adult
home and assisted living residence and St. Anthony Community
Hospital, Schervier Pavilion residents have access to a complete
continuum of care.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous
applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment
Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your
understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able
to provide a better candidate experience.
Keywords: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley, Paterson , Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Warwick, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!