The Clinical Lab Technologist performs laboratory technical
duties such as patient testing and reporting, quality control and
equipment function checks and maintenance according to established
policies and procedures
- Incumbent may be asked to perform job-related tasks other than
those specifically stated in this description.
- The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be
carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values
and operating principles of Bon Secours.
- Knows related policies and procedures.
- Performs patient testing, including patient preparation,
specimen collection, handling, processing and testing in a timely
- Performs computer functions to process test orders including
test ordering printing labels, recording correct collection and
receipt times, crediting/ cancelling orders, resulting and patient
- Troubleshoots orders and provides proper communication to the
clinician as appropriate.
- Prioritizes work appropriately with Stat testing performed
within established guidelines.
- Notifies the appropriate party when a delay is anticipated as
- Records and reports test results appropriately. Calls the
appropriate person with critical values in a timely manner.
- Performs and records all required quality control testing.
- Troubleshoots as necessary. Documents all corrective
- Performs instrument function checks and maintenance with proper
- Effectively communicates with laboratory staff to assure
effective and efficient operations.
- Assists in the training of technologist/technicians.
- Notifies immediate supervisor of issues and concerns as
- Notifies immediate supervisor when supply levels are low.
- Assures the required number of continuing education credits are
- Assures licensure is current and submits license renewals in a
- Assists in the Quality Control program activities such as
quality control review, equipment maintenance and function
- Serves as a resource for laboratory technicians as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS The Medical Technologist works under
the direct supervision of their immediate Laboratory Manager.
Valid New York State Department of Health license as a
laboratory technologist. Must meet NYS personnel guidelines to
function as a supervisor (a minimum of six years relevant work
experience). National registration preferred (NCA/ASCP) Work
requires demonstrated interpersonal skills to communicate
tactfully, effectively and with discretion.
B.S. Degree in Medical Technology or related sciences, or meets
standards set forth by New York State Department of Health,
Division of Laboratories.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably
anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other
potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are
required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective
equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick,
NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New
Jersey's Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and
compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource
for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and
acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a
state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving
85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing
facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system,
anyone who has previously applied for a position with St. Anthony
Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous
applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment
Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your
understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able
to provide a better candidate experience.