Posted on: September 15, 2021
Overview: Hiring Immediately!
Transdev Services, Inc. is seeking a Utility Supervisor at its
Hillburn, NY facility. Responsibilities: The Shelter Utility
Supervisor responsibilities include ensuring that all shelters for
the service are clean, free from debris and graffiti, trash is
emptied, landscaping is maintained, and benches and walkways are
clean and free of any trash and graffiti thus providing a clean and
comfortable space for the customers to wait for their bus. The
Shelter Utility Supervisor position is hands-on and works in the
field alongside subordinates with all duties related to this
- Schedules workload of utility staff (shelter utility).
- Supervises, counsels, and trains all new employees.
- Ensures that major detailing schedule is adhered to and that
weekly shelter accountability reports are completed and accounted
- Reports equipment defects and checks to see if they are in
- Responsible for inventory and ordering of cleaning
- Enters shelter updates and other required reporting into
- Ensures that crew properly fuels truck prior to
- Responsible for checking supply levels and adjusting as
- Ensures that employees are practicing safety first and they
maintain that the work area is organized and clean before, during,
and after the work shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years' utility, facility, handyman, or
janitorial supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of shop safety standards preferred.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Valid drivers' license with a clean MVR.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform without constant or
- Ability to interpret and initiate policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to use personnel computers and related
- Strong problem-solving capability.
- Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
- Proven organization skills, understanding importance of
prioritizing effectively and managing multiple tasks in a fast-pace
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities.
For more information, please contact visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: Transdevna, Paterson , Utility Supervisor, Other , Hillburn, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!