Machine Operator II
Company: Stryker Corporation
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies
and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare
better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics,
Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help
improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one
of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity
by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
Insert detailed job description here.
Perform various manufacturing duties as required to ensure the team
meets all goals and objectives. Types of work include:
Perform manual machining of intricate parts; 2D & 3D CNC
programming; set-up & operation; creation of a project queue for
CNC equipment; and hand finishing. Reading and understanding
blueprints, including GD&T. Partner with Team, Managers to
perform this work in a team environment and help ensure the team
meets and exceeds its team goals and objectives.
* Work closely with Team members, Engineers, Managers, Project
Planners & Vendors to meet team goals.
* Assess and distribute project folders to shop technicians and/or
vendors if necessary.
* Facilitate weekly Team meetings with technicians including
project prioritization, managing priorities according to R&D
priority lists, distribute work to Techs and discuss open
* Review on a monthly basis the Team Metrics with team members.
* Communicate project status with team members and engineers on a
* Meet with Managers to provide Project Status and discuss open
* Mentor new technicians and /or set up Mentors for technicians
* Create and manage cross-training schedules for Techs.
* Provide Technical Support for team members on CNC equipment.
* Assist in managing project queues for CNC areas.
* Utilize Master Cam or equivalent for CNC Programming, set- up and
operate all CNC equip. (Lathe, Mill, Wire, RAM EDM).
* Hand Finishing & Laser Marking.
* Operate and maintain of all Manual Machinery (Lathes, Bridgeport,
* Operate, utilize & understand inspection tools including
* Assist in development of process improvements.
* Meet with Engineers in early stages of project planning.
* Vocational/Technical School diploma and relevant
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 5+ years of basic CNC programming experience.
* 2+ years of 3D programming experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Orthopaedics product portfolio.
* Proficient in Basic ProE usage.
* Demonstrated expertise in manual machining of intricate
* Demonstrated communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
which emphasizes continuous learning of new skills and cross
training as well as facilitating team meetings.
* Demonstrated TIG welding capabilities.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Outlook;
proficient with Oracle requisitions.
* Demonstrated experience using Oracle systems.
* Ability to accommodate changes in priorities with short
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for
this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.
Keywords: Stryker Corporation, Paterson , Machine Operator II, Other , Mahwah, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!