Black Dirt Distillery- Distiller
Company: Proximo Spirits
Location: Pine Island
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Position Summary: This position performs, monitors, and
documents batch process operations from mashing and fermenting of
raw materials through the distillation and barreling of
- Prepares and batches raw materials including weighing, mixing
and the processing of all ingredients within a very specific order,
quantity, and time.
- Operates and maintains the mashing and fermenting processes
equipment required for grain transfer, milling, mashing, cooling,
yeast handling, fermenting, and liquid transfers.
- Operates and maintains the distillation unit, takes samples at
specific times and temperatures to measure for spirit quality and
- Continually monitors all stages of the process, especially
critical time and temperature requirements.
- Continually monitors and adjusts working parameters of
equipment to ensure proper operation and timely turnaround.
- Performs cutting of finished spirit by processing through
measured stages to achieve finished quality targets.
- Fills barrels with spirit, transfers to storage areas and
documents barrel inventories.
- Performs CIP operations on tanks, lines, heat exchangers, and
other equipment while following all appropriate quality, PPE and
- Supports the production reporting processes, raw material
usage, and inventory accuracy.
- Supports receiving materials, and unloading trucks using a
- At times assists with whiskey processing activities to support
- Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Responsible for informing Manager of any existing safety issue,
process deviation, product loss, unplanned outage or unexpected
- Maintains a high regard for the quality of the product produced
and the work performed.
- Responsible for accurate documentation and recording throughout
the production process.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all tanks, pumps, valves and
other process equipment in assigned area.
- Maintains sanitation in area of responsibility and follows all
SOP's and GMPs to the letter.
- Able to safely operate a fork truck for unloading and staging
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required by the
Production Manager. Physical Requirements:
- Heavy lifting over 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel,
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Minimum High School diploma, College degree in Sciences or
Industrial Technology is highly preferred.
- 1-3 years production brewing/distilling/wine making experience
- Background in biochemistry and/or lab experience highly
- Production maintenance background, knowledge of equipment
operation and reliability.
- Strong mechanical ability with problem solving/troubleshooting
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task and provide
- Ability to follow direction, work independently and be a team
player supporting business operations.
- Proper use of PPE and safe chemical handling knowledge is
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: This position requires above
average verbal and written communication skills, math and science
skills. Candidate must have a working knowledge of production
operations, have solid organization skills and be detail oriented.
Must be completely familiar with appropriate safety procedures such
as PPE use, confined space entry and hazard communications
requirements. A strong mechanical background is preferred, be goal
and objective oriented, and be able to work cohesively as a team.
Must be able to work effectively with all levels of staff.
Typical Working Environment:This position works entirely in a
production environment. Rotational shift work is required and
willingness to work weekends when requested. Noise, dust, and
variable temperature and use of production chemicals are also
typical in this work environment. May be required to work and
direct in confined spaces.
Keywords: Proximo Spirits, Paterson , Black Dirt Distillery- Distiller, Other , Pine Island, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!