Now Hiring All Team Members - Full Time & Part Time- Woodcliff Lake, NJ (WCL) Opening Summer 2022
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: May 16, 2022
New Store Opening in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Address: 500 Chestnut Ridge Rd Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07
NOW HIRING: Full-time and Part-time positions.
Start training in our Paramus location today!
*Team Members that are available and hired now to start working
will train at the Paramus location before store opening.
We have positions available and are hiring in the following
Prepared Foods: production, counter, and runners (pizza,
charcuterie, hot food, salad bar, sandwiches), utility
Cooks: Prepared Foods Cook / Food Production
Bakery: production (bread mixers, pastry production, cake
decorators), counter and coffee bar
Cake Decorator: Creates appealing designs on all specialty bakery
goods. Related to cake, tart, pastry, and special-order
Customer Service: cash registers, customer/cashier assistants
(carts, bag groceries, general help), Boothie (customer service
desk, Store Scanning Specialist
Meat: fresh, frozen, and smoked natural meats and poultry;
butchers, wrappers and counter help
Meat Cutters: Butchers, performs duties relating to the cutting,
preparation, display, and selling of meat products
Produce/Floral: production (cut fruit) and retail - fresh and
packaged produce items; may include cut fruit and vegetables
Seafood: fresh, frozen, and smoked seafood
Specialty: cheese, beer; chocolate and housewares
Grocery: grocery, frozen foods, dry goods, dairy, and bulk foods,
may include housewares
Whole Body: vitamins, supplements, body care and makeup
Provides support as a member of the Woodcliff Lake team to include
receiving and preparing product, maintaining the floor and
displays, and selling product in support of WFM standards.
All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive
company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient
service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions
must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard
Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and
able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job
descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values
and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and
initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and
safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties
required in the department. Job Responsibilities
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and
shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes,
rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Stocks and cleans grocery shelves, bulk bins, frozen and dairy
- Monitors and prevents spoilage and communicates waste to
buyers, Team Leaders, and shift supervisor.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary w
orking and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
national leadership.Job Skills
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various
- Ability to perform simple math (addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division).
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members , customers , and vendors .
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to f ollow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and a bility to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality
- No prior retail experience required. Physical
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery. Note : The
purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of
essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an
exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or
requirements for every position . Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a
fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and
candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Paterson , Now Hiring All Team Members - Full Time & Part Time- Woodcliff Lake, NJ (WCL) Opening Summer 2022, Other , Mahwah, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!