Part Time Road Supervisor
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Part Time Road Supervisor for our Rockland County facility!
Join the Transdev team and launch your career!Transdev is seeking a
transportation Dispatcher/Road Supervisor to worknights and
weekends consisting of 8-10 hours shifts for their service in
Rockland County. The ideal candidate will be responsible for
providing excellent customer service to both our passengers and our
drivers and they will have responsibility in both the dispatch
office and on the road.
Why Work with Us?
- $25.00 per hour salary!
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Holiday pay!
- Paid time off!
- 401(K) with a Company match!
- State-of-the-art facility!
- Ability to advance your career!
- Work in a state-of-the-art facility!
- Ability to work with great people and a caring Company!
At Transdev, we are taking actions to protect and take care of our
employees and customers.
Here is what we're doing to keep you and us healthy:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- Assigns transportation services and maintains check out
- Assigns stand-by or extra-board operators in the event of
operator absences, increased service volumes or in order to
minimize service disruptions as a result of traffic, vehicle
malfunctions, operator problems and/or emergency
- Maintains attendance log for operators and other appropriate
- Assigns vehicles giving consideration to preventive maintenance
schedules and capacity needs.
- Maintains two-way communication with operators, providing
information on customers, cancellations, and directional assistance
- Monitors operators and trip status, making adjustments and
reassignments as necessary to ensure on time performance.
- Maintains scheduling and performance data in the event of
- Documents accurately and appropriately daily events related to
- Communicates effectively with operations staff regarding
scheduling or passenger issues.
- Maintains professional demeanor and appearance.
- Handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively in a
- Assists operators in overcoming operational
- Ensures operators are fit-for-duty at all times and ensures
- Conduct on-road observations of service to ensure proper
implementation of all operating rules and procedures.
- Ensures operator pre- and post-trip operating
- Responds to any service-related assignment given by TOR
Dispatcher or Manager.
- Communicate face-to-face with the riding public as outreach and
customer service, and to answer any questions on the
- Assesses safety conditions of all aspects of bus service and
monitors operator and passenger behavior while in service.
Other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient operation of the
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years previous dispatch and/or customer service
- 1-2 years previous transportation supervisory
- Must be able to worknights and weekends consisting of 8-10
- Must be able to demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy and
possesses good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written a
- Detail oriented, well organized, and possess effective time
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills a
- General knowledge of Windows-based computer operating system
and Microsoft office package.
- Must be able to work as a member of the team.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external
customer on all levels and be able to work well with diverse
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a fast-paced
- Able to use multi-line phone system and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Majority of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned
or well ventilated facilities and be able to work outdoors in
varying weather conditions.
- Majority of work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle
space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent
sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and occasional walking,
stooping, and handling of materials.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities.
For more information, check our website at www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Job Locations USA-NY-Hillburn
Posted Date 1 week ago (6/10/2022 2:47 PM)
Requisition ID 2022-22706
Position Category Customer Service/Call
Internal Reference 166
Company/Division Transdev Services
Keywords: Transdev, Paterson , Part Time Road Supervisor, Other , Hillburn, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!