Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Job ID:
req29363 Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold(R),
Brownberry(R) or Oroweat(R) bread? A Thomas'(R) English muffin or
bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee(R), Entenmann's(R) or
Marinela(R) cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know
Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of
20,000 associates nationwide!Position Summary:The Route Rider
represents Bimbo Bakeries USA in the market, selling and delivering
fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and
institutions. The Route Rider will be assigned to different routes
covering for Route Sales Professionals. The Route Rider will drive
a truck within in a sales territory delivering and merchandising
product. Through world class market execution, the Route Rider's
primary focus is to maximize sales to customers through strong
customer relationships, good business practices that drive
profitable sales growth, and provide incidental sales-related
service that exceeds the customer's expectations.Top Reasons to
Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA:
- Great starting pay: Base and Commission!
- Excellent benefits package!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Your primary focus is to analyze sales data to help drive
effective decisions in the market as well as drive brand growth
with customers through increased sales and the acquisition of new
space and displays.
- You will establish and maintain effective customer
relationships to initiate and maximize sales in retail, restaurant,
and institutional customers, ensure client retention by exceeding
expectations with new and current customers.
- You will drive in store excellence by selling displays to drive
incremental sales, ensuring racks are set in accordance with
customer guidelines, and the seamless execution of
- You will investigate, create and follow through on all growth
opportunities including soliciting new customers to grow market
share on strategic brands by selling and supporting incremental
displays and the generation of new leads to solicit new business
within the route territory.
- You will be responsible for the execution of world-class
merchandising and proper rotation of all products to ensure the
best quality and freshness of our products.
- You will introduce new products and services to maximize sales
and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new
- You will be responsible for taking and maintaining proper
inventory counts and placing product orders using a handheld device
as well as servicing customers in accordance with customers'
established service frequency patterns.
- You will cover open routes in the assigned territory and
servicing every store on the route within the store's delivery
- You will utilize order management tools (order management
program, promotional and holiday planning information) while making
independent ordering decisions to ensure optimal orders are being
placed for each customer to ensure adequate and fresh products are
being sold and delivered.
- You will conduct daily route settlement procedures to account
for all products, invoices, and cash.
- You will correctly complete DOT logs and submits other
documentation, paperwork and deposits on time.
- You will live and promote the company's safety beliefs and
principles, ensuring safe work practices are being followed by all
and working to eliminate unsafe conditions to drive the achievement
of the safety goal of zero incidents.
- You will live and promotes the company's cultural beliefs,
including respect for people, continuous improvement, exceeding
customer and consumer expectations as well as working to meet the
company's strategic and financial goals.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret
data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex
(dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid
interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills;
SAP, Oracle, CPD preferred.
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on
improving efficiencies while decreasing waste. Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is preferred.
- 1-3 Years of DSD (Direct Store Delivery) or route sales
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to obtain and retain a DOT Medical card required
(company will administer).
- Must have a good driving record.
- Local travel required.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry,
push/pull, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, climb,
perform repetitive motions, perform frequent reaching and use of
fingers, and work in a loud and hot/cold environment.
- You must have good written and oral communication
- Ability to work 8+ hour shifts, work store hours with early
morning starts, irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split
days off (non-consecutive days off) and work holidays and weekends
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Be a part of a company that is dedicated to
protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR(R) Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Paterson , Route Rider, Other , Goshen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!