Company: Veolia North America
Location: West Nyack
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Company DescriptionVeolia is the world's leading environmental
services company with 179,000 employees globally and a 160-year
history. We help our customers address their environmental and
sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means
improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their
water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes.
We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for
cities, governments, campuses, businesses, and industries. Job
DescriptionSummary: Under the direction of the Manager - Planning,
the Planning Specialist is responsible for developing weekly and
daily job plans for the T&D and Production Departments. The
Planning Specialist insures work is ready to be scheduled, sets
work priorities, defines parts and materials and engages the proper
department to develop a safe effective and efficient work control
plan. The Planning Specialist is responsible for collecting,
reviewing and recording data from field related activities and
providing statistical and analytical support to Management. UWNY
services approximately 272,000 people throughout Rockland County
and a small portion of Orange County, and the system includes over
1,000 miles of mains and 6,000 hydrants. This position requires
professionalism and independent judgment. As a team leader between
departments the Planning Specialist will be a driving force of
continuous improvement and will develop and implement a vision and
strategy for the Planning department in alignment with the
corporate and NY Division vision and strategy.Nature &
Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities: Business
- Develop and manage weekly and daily job plans for the T&D
and Production Departments.
- Prepares Bill of Materials for Construction work and
communicates material needs to the Stores Department.
- Daily discuss activities and backlog with supervisors to insure
work is scheduled appropriately and executed successfully.
- Develop planning tools to optimize planning and resource use.
Develop KPIs to track planning performance.
- Maintain the Asset Registers in Key and Infor. Responsible for
analyzing field activity data and updating the asset record in both
asset management systems.
- Insure regulatory maintenance work is being executed and
recorded in our Work and Asset Management systems. Responsible for
driving best practices to insure information is being included in
time-sheets and recorded appropriately. Responsible for monitoring
compliance work and reporting status to Manager Planning.
- Develop, continuously improve, and ensure compliance with
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) in the Systems Office.
- Process and analyze bills for all facilities.
- Lead Planning and Weekly KPI meetings.
- Responsible for creating and distributing key critical business
- Responsible for managing the planning function for New Services
Installs. As part of the planning function, the planning specialist
visits the site to verify that the New Service is ready for
construction scheduling. Reviews and Verifies that accurate
information is completed in the New Service Spreadsheet.
- Responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable process.
Responsible for the accident investigation and collecting field
data and information to build the Accounts Receivable Case. Close
Accounts Receivable case once all costs are collected for
- Must be available for on-call when needed. Customer Service:
- Ensure compliance with regulatory required customer service
- Participate in company community outreach / education
- Ensure departmental compliance with environmental, safety and
other regulatory policies. Health and Safety:
- Participate actively in developing and promoting a culture of
H&S engagement through the company.
- Perform monthly departmental safety walkabouts as well as
Quarterly Safety Inspections for the Systems Office, Transmission
and Distribution and the Yard and Storeroom.
- Knowledgeable of the Health and Safety policies the planning
specialist performs investigations of accidents on site and
completes required reports.
QualificationsEducation/Equivalent:Bachelor's degree in business
administration or related field is preferred or equivalent work
experience. Work Experience Needed:
- Three to five years related work in operations is
requiredSpecial Skills/Abilities Needed:
- Proven interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be able to deal effectively with all levels of staff,
management, vendors and customers
- Knowledgeable with MS Office Suite
- Understanding of maintenance management systems (Infor, Key
System) and Graphic Information Systems (GIS)
- Knowledge of water utility operations, maintenance and
- Familiarity with United Water accounting practices
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance and related safety
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information
and deliver an optimized planning schedule
- Ability to develop, communicate and enforce Standard Operating
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on several projects and issues simultaneously
and meet firm deadlinesAdditional InformationAll your information
will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Paterson , Planning Specialist, Other , West Nyack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!